• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great Burn on Montana/Idaho border--STILL TIME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROCESS!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Long haul

I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV but I see the law suit that Idaho State Snowmobile Association (ISSA) and Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC) filed has implications far beyond just the Great Burn area. They are challenging the forest service's ability to manage "Recommended Wilderness Areas" as actual wilderness area's. This could drag out for a very long time.

The "Great Burn" is in our back yard, albeit in another state, but we are committed to helping ISSA and BRC in this fight.

We are working on getting a paypal type system setup to make it easier for dedicated riders to help in the cause, but, unlike the obstructionists, we don't have a paid staff to develop and implement the tools we'd like to have. We are truly a volunteer organization and everything we accomplish is done in our "free" time.

We are just a few clicks away from having a paypal type donation button on our website (www.missoulasnowgoers.org) We'll let you know as soon as we do. In the mean time, please send any donations to:

MSSA Legal Fund
PO Box 2441
Missoula, MT 59806

We appreciate your support!

Ted Patterson
President
Missoula Snowgoers Snowmobile Association

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV but I see the law suit that Idaho State Snowmobile Association (ISSA) and Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC) filed has implications far beyond just the Great Burn area. They are challenging the forest service's ability to manage "Recommended Wilderness Areas" as actual wilderness area's. This could drag out for a very long time.

The "Great Burn" is in our back yard, albeit in another state, but we are committed to helping ISSA and BRC in this fight.

We are working on getting a paypal type system setup to make it easier for dedicated riders to help in the cause, but, unlike the obstructionists, we don't have a paid staff to develop and implement the tools we'd like to have. We are truly a volunteer organization and everything we accomplish is done in our "free" time.

We are just a few clicks away from having a paypal type donation button on our website (www.missoulasnowgoers.org) We'll let you know as soon as we do. In the mean time, please send any donations to:

MSSA Legal Fund
PO Box 2441
Missoula, MT 59806

We appreciate your support!

Ted Patterson
President
Missoula Snowgoers Snowmobile Association

Does anyone know if the ISSA is taking donations to help fight this also? Or does the money donated to MSSA go to the same attorney fund? I'm gladly sending money to the MSSA but since I live in Idaho I would like to support locally too. I looked on ISSA's website but didn't see anything.

i am sure they are I will see if I can find how to donate to them.
This money to MSSA goes directly to the cause.
the paypal link is set up to our seperate bank account for the lawsuit.
regardless of check or paypal your money will go to the fight
We are working directly with the ISSA to fund this closure since the majority of the riders are from montana.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Putting this in General for a while. This needs BIG action.

WE CAN'T LOSE THIS RIDING AREA. IT'S NOT A WILDERNESS.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
see what I can swing come payday.

I've ridden this area once and it would be a shame to not be able to go back. It kicked my *** so I need redemption

need the money guys nows the time

I just wanted to give an update on funds raised so far
We have Received 3 paypal donations totaling $600 bucks very nice donations but only 3
We have yet to get one single check as of Tuesday the 25th
We also had one rider drop of $50 bones for the fight
with the money collected locally we are at around $1250 bucks
along way from the $10,000 needed
Please send in something its easy to talk about it and hope someone else does it for you .
That is how these things get closed in the first place , there were very few comments from sledders during the comment period of the closure.
This is a fight that can be won but we need to be the squeeky wheel and show the greenies we arent going to be pushed around any longer.
Dont take it personal BUT ,,, complaining on the forums is just preaching to the choir..
at this point cash is the weapon we need.
the total money expected to be needed for the fight is $50,000 dollars the $10,000
is just what MSSA has set as a goal to help out.
MSSA is responsible for the grooming and matenance of the groomer , warming hut ETC,,
We arent on the plaintif list because we didnt want this getting kicked to Montana and going to Judge maloys court
so with that said
kick in some funds ten bucks isnt to much to ask better yet how about the price of one tank of gas for a ride
Also we will be keeping this account open even after this war is over as we all know the greenies will attack somewhere else and we want to be proactive in the fight for our sport and our RIGHTS
thank you think snow

donations total so far

total for donations to date
paypal is working
thank you to those that have kicked in
we are at only 13 paypal donations but have a total of 1250 dollars from the 13 alone

come on vendors whats a hundred bucks to our fight

fight for our sport!!!!

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
By working to end this madness in this riding area, we can work toward setting precedence in ALL riding areas. This is Federal...so it WILL effect descisions made for ALL riding areas and riders.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is the first post in this thread.

anybody know the facts re the clearwater nf closure of the great burn area (recommended for wilderness designation)? Reportedly as of Jan 4 it is now closed. This included Hoodoo,Surveyor, Blacklead,Williams Lake and all areas inbetween. It dosen't seem that we've gotten much help from BRC or other organizations on this.
If this is true, virtually all of our high quality high elevation riding has been eliminated in west central montana with the stroke of a pen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
donation link to PayPal for Missoula Snogoers:
www.missoulasnowgoers.org
paypal link on front page

send us the money
make this fight ours

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I will give a FREE GUIDED TOUR to anyone who donates $50 or more. This is some of the best riding around and I would gladly take anyone who helps the fight. Pm me if you're interested.

Premium Features