• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on the 2013 Pro = Awesome

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Due to an unexpected dumping of 3' of powder out here in California, I got to ride my 2013 for the first time yesterday.

Last year I bought a 2012 Pro RMK, which is now becoming the wife's sled. Both sleds are the 163" Electric start, so should be comparable.

Compared to the 2012, the belt drive is a much bigger upgrade than I thought. The sled builds power and revs out much quicker than the 2012. Rolling in and out of the throttle is much smoother, with less of a delay, so when you need to gas it to make a critical turn, the power comes on much more quickly.

New running boards are awesome and don't pack up, although you still get snow building on the tunnel.

Anyway, i'm glad I chose to get a 2013 instead of a second 2012. Polaris really hit the mark with this sled for the second time.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Good evaluation. That's awesome you got to ride! If you want to eliminate snow from sticking/building up on the tunnel, contact Arctic FX Graphics and Jordan can set you up with any design you can imagine on a wrap that will keep your tunnel clean.

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Conditions yesterday were better than most of last year! Although it was a bit of a logride with lots of hidden rocks and stumps.

I'd rather replace a-arms than not ride.

P
Jan 2, 2011
ride

YOU LUCKY __ ___ GUY. Wished we would get that. It's starting out better than last year. Next time please get pics. & really rub in our faces.:yo:

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Nice Positive Post

Due to an unexpected dumping of 3' of powder out here in California, I got to ride my 2013 for the first time yesterday.

Last year I bought a 2012 Pro RMK, which is now becoming the wife's sled. Both sleds are the 163" Electric start, so should be comparable.

Compared to the 2012, the belt drive is a much bigger upgrade than I thought. The sled builds power and revs out much quicker than the 2012. Rolling in and out of the throttle is much smoother, with less of a delay, so when you need to gas it to make a critical turn, the power comes on much more quickly.

New running boards are awesome and don't pack up, although you still get snow building on the tunnel.

Anyway, i'm glad I chose to get a 2013 instead of a second 2012. Polaris really hit the mark with this sled for the second time.

Mud99, Thanks for the ride report and feed back since it does tend to get us all excited to see some one riding with fresh snow and it is great to hear that you are pleased with your recent purchase and I am now excited for the first trip out west with my new pro.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
This thread is useless without :camera::camera::camera::camera::camera:

PICTURES PLEASE....

:help: me to become even more jealous:face-icon-small-hap

Couple of crappy iPhone pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351217356.521279.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351217372.517643.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351217386.805737.jpg

LTS on Wednesday.
07 road still open-- plowed. Snowmobiles not allowed, all the tributaries, and logging roads were fair game.

60 degrees this weekend.

Hope the storm track returns....

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
You lucky sob's!! I haven't even got my new sled yet, and you're out tearing it up. I finally was notified that my sled is ready and I'll be picking it up next Wednesday. White 800 PRO RMK LE 163!! Glad to see some of us are out having fun.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Welcome to California !

Now it is in the 20-50F there in Truckee.

Next week it will be in the 70's with rain !

Ride it while you can !

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
What happened Niko, did you set fire to that Apex and come over to the dark side?

I parted mine out over the summer, the motor is in someone's RZR now...

If you make it out here, for sure lets set up a ride.

Premium Features