• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference Between the electric Starters available

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Yeah, I know, why do you need electric start yada yada. I'm pushing 50, dislocated my right shoulder twice, took me 4 years shooting archery everyday to tighten up my shoulder enough to lift my arms above my shoulders and not have them constantly ache and I can afford it.

Anyone know what the difference is between these two starters that show up on the configurator? Both show compatibility for the Matryx Boost. The first shows "2022 PATRIOT BOOST PRO RMK MATRYX SLASH 165 2.75" which would mean the 850. The second specifically states "Electric Start designed for the MATRYX RMK Boost 850" and the Made to Fit option shows only 3 models. One of which is "2022 PATRIOT BOOST PRO RMK MATRYX SLASH 165 2.75"" Same as the first. So I'm wondering they have different part numbers. If you configure a Pro Slash Boost 850 165 2.75 you can select the electric start but then in accessories shoes the E-start available for an additional $675 (and it adds the entire amount not considering removing the original starter but the POS configurator does that with all the adds). Only thing I can think of for differences in relation to the different part numbers is that one is push button without and the other you have to turn the key. Am I correct in this thinking?

Key Operated Electric Start kit

Matryx RMK Boost E-Start

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Only thing i know is battery box is different on boost vs na matryx. Less room on boost because of muffler and battery is crammed right against belt drive on boost. Battery shroud will hit belt and upper pulley. If you put it in get a cv customs lightweight battery kit.

Yeah, I know, why do you need electric start yada yada. I'm pushing 50, dislocated my right shoulder twice, took me 4 years shooting archery everyday to tighten up my shoulder enough to lift my arms above my shoulders and not have them constantly ache and I can afford it.

Anyone know what the difference is between these two starters that show up on the configurator? Both show compatibility for the Matryx Boost. The first shows "2022 PATRIOT BOOST PRO RMK MATRYX SLASH 165 2.75" which would mean the 850. The second specifically states "Electric Start designed for the MATRYX RMK Boost 850" and the Made to Fit option shows only 3 models. One of which is "2022 PATRIOT BOOST PRO RMK MATRYX SLASH 165 2.75"" Same as the first. So I'm wondering they have different part numbers. If you configure a Pro Slash Boost 850 165 2.75 you can select the electric start but then in accessories shoes the E-start available for an additional $675 (and it adds the entire amount not considering removing the original starter but the POS configurator does that with all the adds). Only thing I can think of for differences in relation to the different part numbers is that one is push button without and the other you have to turn the key. Am I correct in this thinking?

Matryx RMK Boost E-Start
Don't feel bad, I have 2 years on you. I have had electric start on my last 3 sleds. I too have had shoulder problems and it is just generally easier to start when the sled is facing downhill and leaning on its rights side in deep pow. Also love just having an adult beverage on top of a mountain and just turning a key to continue ripping. LOL. Anyway, I usually spring check the sled with the E start but this season I did not spring check one but decided to get one now anyway. The one I got does not have E start and when trying to order off the Polaris parts page ran into the same confusion. This is what they wrote back and my parts counter confirmed. Ordered and its on its way.

Owner Connections <Owner.Connections@polaris.com>​

Fri, Feb 11, 5:34 AM (3 days ago)
to me

"Please Do Not Write Below This Line"

Contact Polaris
Hello Shawn,
Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries

I do apologize for the delayed response. After looking into the electric started that will fit the 2022 Patriot Boost Pro RMK Matryx Slash you will need part #2889362.

We do appreciate you taking the time to contact us. If you need anything else, please let me know by responding to this email.

Thank you and Ride Safe!
Respectfully,
Brian H.
Reference Case # C-7224575
Brian, Representative, Owner Connections
2100 Highway 55 | Medina, MN 55340

www.polaris.com | 1-800-765-2747

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

Matryx RMK Boost E-Start
NA sleds P85 clutch (clutch comes with estart kit because of starter ring on back)

BOOST sleds P22 clutch

Premium Features