• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deep Revy Snow, Shredder 4100.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Love my re except for the trenching. First sled i had that a simple ski change completely changed what i thought of the sled. Awesome footage

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Slydog attack. I put them on my DS after turboless' review. They make the sled handle better in every situation. I did not think a pair of skis would make such a big difference. My brother in law rides Polaris and rode my DS with stock ski and hated how it handled. Couldn't get comfortable sidehilling. Rode it again with the slydog skis and had no issues riding it compared to his Polaris.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The Slydog skis are so much better. I have lots in stock if anyone in canada is looking. The new 16" skidoo track is also a must as the shredder is heavier and needs the added flotation and traction.

B
Dec 16, 2017
How big of a difference are we talking from 15 to 16 wide? I could handle buying a new pair of skis but after spending $26,000 on a new sled I'm not pumped on spending another $2000 on a 16 wide track...

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
How big of a difference are we talking from 15 to 16 wide? I could handle buying a new pair of skis but after spending $26,000 on a new sled I'm not pumped on spending another $2000 on a 16 wide track...
Well, the cost of the track is almost a wash. The lynx track is a great upgrade for a Boost or 9R. I sold my track and then bought the NEW 16" skidoo track for $1750. I sold my Lynx track for $1600. So it was only $150 to get the skidoo track. Slydog skis are still worth the cost for a lynx or a skidoo. We were out in revy and had the chance to jump back and forth with a Gen5 Doo and my shredder. Its a night and day difference. No more darting, turns better, sidehilling is easier, and overall way more predictable.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Well, the cost of the track is almost a wash. The lynx track is a great upgrade for a Boost or 9R. I sold my track and then bought the NEW 16" skidoo track for $1750. I sold my Lynx track for $1600. So it was only $150 to get the skidoo track. Slydog skis are still worth the cost for a lynx or a skidoo. We were out in revy and had the chance to jump back and forth with a Gen5 Doo and my shredder. Its a night and day difference. No more darting, turns better, sidehilling is easier, and overall way more predictable.
The big question is does it still trench?
On a serious note, i bought the lynx for the suspension but also for the 15 wide to make it more nimble. Not a fan of tmotion and flex edge. You are a bigger guy, so doesn't phase you, but I'm 6' 1 and 180 with crappy shoulders. I can do it but really sore at end of day.

B
Dec 16, 2017
I think I'm just gonna pull the trigger and order one of these babies up! Lynx Shredder 4100 Turbo. I ride with lots of guys on Polaris so it should be easy to sell one of them the 15 wide track if need be. Thanks for the info.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Do the slydogs provide the same benefits on A G4 that they do on the G5?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

briandride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2016
Fruita, CO
Do you think you’ll still need the 16” wide track on the 2024with it being 34” front end? You’re saying it just a matter of weight? That’s what blew my mind with the lynx. Narrow track but still a 36” front end. Stupid imo. I love the skid over the doo for sure. But no complaints with my G5, after the post forward kit.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Do you think you’ll still need the 16” wide track on the 2024with it being 34” front end? You’re saying it just a matter of weight? That’s what blew my mind with the lynx. Narrow track but still a 36” front end. Stupid imo. I love the skid over the doo for sure. But no complaints with my G5, after the post forward kit.
You will want the 34 if you put a 16 under it unless you're a big guy. He is just talking about weight and needing more float. They are heavy and tend to trench whether blu du likes it or not. Get off the trail!

I
Feb 20, 2023
USA
You will want the 34 if you put a 16 under it unless you're a big guy. He is just talking about weight and needing more float. They are heavy and tend to trench whether blu du likes it or not. Get off the trail!
Hi, please give advice about put on 3900 RE : 16" Skidoo G5 track or 15" Freeride G5 track?

Premium Features