• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Santa, All I want in a 2021 Polaris RMK is....

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Bigger bore different stroke, everything else the same. Easy money for the Polaris engine guys who designed the 840cc.

Do it again do it bigger in 2 more steps. 1040 and 1240

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
While I disagree with most things you've said here, I'll just point out a simple fact to you... the 850 etec turbo is designed to not boost at sea level, thus burning 91 octane from 0-8000 feet and making 165hp the entire time doing it.

I’ll re point out the simple fact a 850 etec naturally aspirated engine makes the SAME power. There is NO turbo benefit at low elevation. 0-5000.

Spend away if you want. Its your money.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
sorry for feeding the troll guys.

Another add to the ignore list. Sigh.

So forgive me if I'm being naive here, but is there really an "ignore list"? That would be REALLY awesome. Especially right now with this guy we are dealing with here.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My point is big twin engines are being built and could be designed by OEMs for production. The market is larger since the gains would be realized at all elevations. Polaris should do variations of 850 engine for production. It would be cheaper than a factory turbo. So lets quit messin around!

840cc (175hp) trail sled engine
1040cc (195HP) Wife’s mountain sled
1240cc (215HP) AXYS Mountain monster for MEN!

Correct on Doo turbo winning at 8000’ now. But how many people ride 7-10k’ How big is the market? How many are actually going to spend big money for factory sled offering no real gain at lower elevation? The delusional people might drop the coin!

When SHOT start dies or doesn’t work in the middle of no where and rider can’t pull the rope... Rider becomes a SISSY.

I better start working out, so I don’t become the SISSY that cant start my 1240! Ha Ha
It has nothing to do with not being able to pull the rope. It is choosing not to because there is an easier way and i have reallly cranky shoulders from doing concrete. I guess my point is i don't call people dumb because there is an easier way but i get called a sissy. Liberals don't want something they don't get it and don't want anyone else to get it. When i don't want something i don't get it and don't care what anyone else does.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Not that the market is huge for factory turbos at that price, but it is probably bigger than the market for factory big bores. Factory big bore with warranty is probably another $1000 more than an 850. For that a turbo starts to be tempting.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Make the 3inch track available with the belt drive already. people use turbos on belt drives... Show some faith into your setup.

Bigger intake surface area

Shorter tunnel

Magnetic tether

Fix the ski rubbers

The new axys also need something new that will stand out from the other brand

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Please give me a light weight suicide throttle without the avoidable thumb lever, where if I have to put the old death grip on the grip to either brace myself or for making hard right turns, the throttle goes to full wide open that slams both me and the sled into the nearest tree. Yah, that's the ticket. Oops. I guess it is already slated to be in the 2021 package.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Im going to add a new oil filler neck with better threads that doesnt cross thread when you tighten the oil filler cap. Many of us already run a Strightline Performance oil reservoir sleeve insert part # 185-100. https://www.straightlineperformance...-07/oil-reservoir-sleeve-insert-part-185-100/

This is a really effective insert that reshapes the opening and keeps oil from leaking especially when the sled is on its side.
This should be an easy OEM fix with minimal cost. IMG_8755.jpgIMG_8756.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
"If" Polaris made a big bore larger than the 800 class they would still need to continue building motors in the 800 range because this is the biggest money class in the hillclimb competitions. Would they come out with something in the 900cc or larger class? Time will tell, but you can start getting into lots of other engineering problems with real big twins that could be counter productive when you have long warranty. Lots of power can still be made in the 800 class especially with a turbo and still have good life.
Don't get me wrong, I have always Loved running big bore sleds, but they were all custom built, fully ported, shaved, lower case mods, custom heads, pistons and/or stroked that were a far cry from the production donor motors.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Personally I think it would be worth it to Polaris to pay them for a patent right or just make something similar. Anyone remember the total weight of the Polaris kit?

It is around 20 pounds with the battery. Ridiculous on a sled that has light weight as its selling point. Again I will give my want list for 2021 & about 95% of it since 2016 has not changed unfortunately.

-Redesign the toe loops for goodness sake!!!!!!!!! To many injuries due to the current design.

-Smaller seat like the G4. The current RMK seat is to wide, long & tall. I catch my boot on it at times.

-Get your chassis wiring/sensors reliable so it is not causing failures like a 80's British car. These sleds cost a lot were these kinds of issues should not be happening.

-Ski rubbers like the DuraPro's.

-Short tunnel on the RMK Pro. This should have been done 2 years ago & still nothing from factory. Heck Ski Doo has it now.

-Electric start that does not weigh 20 pounds!.

-Altimeter in guage cluster

-Reshape the fuel tank & drop a gallon from the Pro RMK. Needs to be more narrow up front.

-Magnetic tether. It is a embarrassment that it doesn't come with one & the optional factory one is a joke.

-Better air intakes like the new Boondocker vents. Stockers plug up on powder days.

-Redesign rear bumper so it has a up kick. Easier to grab when stuck.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The sled still has to have some trail manors going narrow on everything is not the right answer IMO. Riding a new ski doo at -10 is brutal no wind protection at all. i like the current gas capacity

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
The sled still has to have some trail manors going narrow on everything is not the right answer IMO. Riding a new ski doo at -10 is brutal no wind protection at all. i like the current gas capacity
No, the rmk should not make any comprise for trail riding, poo have other models for that.

Altimeter is a good idea madtown, if I remember correctly older cat m8 had that and it's a pretty neat device that won't add a lot of weight.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
No, the rmk should not make any comprise for trail riding, poo have other models for that.

Maybe where you ride you go from parking lot to the hill but where I ride I have several spots that I ride that never see a groomer the whoops get 4 to 5 feet deep some of those locations it's a 10 to 15 mile drive into the goods.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
It is around 20 pounds with the battery. Ridiculous on a sled that has light weight as its selling point. Again I will give my want list for 2021 & about 95% of it since 2016 has not changed unfortunately.

-Redesign the toe loops for goodness sake!!!!!!!!! To many injuries due to the current design.?????

-Smaller seat like the G4. The current RMK seat is to wide, long & tall. I catch my boot on it at times.??

-Get your chassis wiring/sensors reliable so it is not causing failures like a 80's British car. These sleds cost a lot were these kinds of issues should not be happening.?????

-Ski rubbers like the DuraPro's.?????

-Short tunnel on the RMK Pro. This should have been done 2 years ago & still nothing from factory. Heck Ski Doo has it now.?????

-Electric start that does not weigh 20 pounds!.

-Altimeter in guage cluster?

-Reshape the fuel tank & drop a gallon from the Pro RMK. Needs to be more narrow up front.

-Magnetic tether. It is a embarrassment that it doesn't come with one & the optional factory one is a joke.?????

-Better air intakes like the new Boondocker vents. Stockers plug up on powder days.?????

-Redesign rear bumper so it has a up kick. Easier to grab when stuck.????
Yep

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
1) I want it to run perfectly. No bog, no plug fouling, no electrical issues. I realize the bog seems to have been taken care of, but I still see reports of 2020s fouling plugs, and just about every day someone posts about the temp sensor failing on Facebook. I want to go back to a Polaris badly, but I won't do it until these issues are a thing of the past.

2) Better tracks. The current offerings are okay, but my T3 doo track seems to float better, and the cat 3" tracks are probably my favorite out of everything I've tried. Some improved durability would be nice too so you don't have to replace it every 1000 miles.

3) Short tunnel. My girlfriend has an expert, and although I was skeptical at first, it really does help with maneuverability and letting the track dig for traction more. A completely new tunnel design would be cool since it's looked pretty much the same since 2011. An easily replaceable rear section similar to the cats would be awesome too. And no more unpainted tunnels at all just because it seems cheap to me now that I'm used to most new sleds having painted tunnels.

4) Improved cooling system. This kind of goes with the tunnel redesign. Heat doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore since the new thermostat in 2018, what I'd like to see is something done to minimize ice buildup on the tunnel. Maybe similar to the cat front heat exchanger, or get creative with it.

5) Running boards. I like the triangular design that skinz has on their new boards, but a cleaner look with factory appearance would be cool. Also as others have said, raise the toe loops. I like having them so I wouldn't want them completely gone.

6) Tether. Do it right. The Polaris accessory tether sucks, so if they put one on I'd want to see a new design. Every Polaris tether I've been around has had issues of some sort.

If they follow their previous chassis life cycles, and we see a new chassis this year, I honestly don't know what to expect. Less weight? Even narrower body and ski stance? Taller stance? More centralized mass (engine centered like the Doo)? Guess we'll have to wait and see, anybody hear a release date yet?

Side note: I heard the Expo in West Yellowstone is done for good, are there any other sneak peaks close to the Bozeman area? I usually go to the hillclimbs in Jackson but not sure if I'll make it this year.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen!!!!!!! It's called the Rocky Mountain King!!!!!! Please, Polaris, don't sacrifice one tiny bit of mountain capability for a better trail ride.

The manufacturers need to recognize that there are quite a few of us like me who might just switch over to snow-biking because it is so lightweight, so nimble, so "tippy" as many people like to say like as if it were a negative. We want our snowmobiles another 2" narrower, another 20 pounds lighter, and we don't give a flying rip what it feels like during the trail ride to the good stuff.

Sure, there are other riders who do care also. Great, then we can see an expansion of the SKS or assault style sleds where some aspects of trail riding are still kept in effect. But for the true "RMK" offering, this thing should not sacrifice one iota for how it might feel on the trails.

Premium Features