• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom one off nytro

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
Tried selling this sled last year and couldn't even get a decent offer, so what do I do? Decide to stick a bunch of money into it, to try and get it to handle the way I felt it should. Once I started this project, I got carried away and went all out. There are a few more smaller things that I am going to do, but I ran out of time. Going to test this sled in Togwotee and Cooke City in the next month, so I will see how all the modifications do, as a total package. Oh and if you guys were wondering, I am officially broke, just don't tell my wife!: I've learned a lot from snowest, so I thought I would return the favor and list all the things I did to this sled. :face-icon-small-coo

skinz front concept a-arms
evol r fox shocks (front)
after market front bumper
avid chain case (dropped & rolled)
new custom side motor mount plates
(self made)
diamond s chrome moly subframe
new oil tank (custom)
moisture catch tank
b & d steering shaft and post
relocated waste gate signal port to turbo housing
relocated bov signal port to all three throttle bodies
(that was for the secondary bov)
balanced and shaved both clutches
increased center to center of clutches
new 8" avid drivers
custom made tunnel (self)
custom made snow eliminators
personal snow flap:face-icon-small-ton
custom valved fox shocks (rear skid)
(toms)
tricked toys 8" billet rear wheels
custom ice age rails and axle
lite weight battery (anti gravity)
custom painted panels
powder coated (everything)
jacobson roll over valve setup
ported cylinders

Future plans: 1)relocate gauge pod 2) relocate and cleanup wiring off of the handle bars 3) build a complete titanium exhaust system 4) replace all the bolts with titanium
Sometime in the future after I get totally done, I will weigh this sled and hopefully, it will be around the 600# weight wet.
Here are some pictures from the start.

yamaha custom build 2011 020.jpg yamaha custom build 2011 023.jpg yamaha custom build 2011 025.jpg yamaha custom build 2011 026.jpg yamaha custom build 2011 031.jpg yamaha custom build 2011 047.jpg

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
Nice sled! Lets see some of that truck and trailer! Looks like a serious mural on the trailer.

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
Nice sled! Lets see some of that truck and trailer! Looks like a serious mural on the trailer.

You sir, have got a very keen eye! Yes, I did pattern the paint job on the sled to match my truck and trailer. I will see if I can dig up something on the truck and trailer.

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
truck and trailer pictures

Found some, I don't know if the sled matches the truck & trailer or if it truck & trailer matches the sled?

04 chevy trailer hp3 005.jpg 04 chevy trailer hp3 006.jpg 04 chevy trailer hp3 024.jpg 04 chevy trailer hp3 027.jpg 04 chevy trailer hp3 026.jpg

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
HP3 Custom custom

Wow that is insane! Countless man hours, let us know how it rides. Nice work Jim!

T

triton

Aug 13, 2009
OK everyone. Thats enough pumping his ego up now. I have to ride with this guy and he is already a hand full to deal with. Now if he can just manage to keep it out of the pickers and keep the paint on it, that will be a big deal in it self. Jim, it did turn out pretty good though. Dave Z.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Sick build? Is the subframe 4130? Diamond-S or did you build it?

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
Sick build? Is the subframe 4130? Diamond-S or did you build it?

The subframe is a diamond s, chrome moly 4130. I actually wanted to make up a jig and make my own out of titanium, but I just didn't have enough time, with everything else that I custom built on it. Maybe, sometime this summer, I will build a jig and do one out of ti.

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
All That and you left the stock ski's on :crazy:

Seriously beautiful build and nice attention to detail.

I have tried three different sets of skis and I keep going back to the stock skis, which by the way, are powder pro copies. I did try the gen III simmons and thought those were good, also.

Premium Features