• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Come on Polaris!

S

savagerunner07

Dec 3, 2007
SLC
Not to hijack, but I went to get my sled yesterday and refused to take delivery. It looked like the tunnel hade been used as a work bench with scratches all over it. The skis looked like they had been carved with a grinder. There were nicks and gouges all over them. If Im paying them this much for a BRAND NEW sled, It should at least look BRAND NEW. The sales guy took pics of all that I pointed out. He said he will call Polaris on Monday and get back to me. If they can't do anything about the tunnel, I hope they will pay for a wrap then. I guess we'll see what Polaris has to say. Thanks

92 coupe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2009
IL
I can't believe all the guys tellin you to quit complaining. Seriously? The $ thats spent on these machines and you don't want your stuff to be perfect off the showroom floor? Its one thing if the owner tears it up but when I buy new I expect mint, I wanna be the one to cause the flaws. Polaris fit/finish is pathetic, my assault is a disgrace sittin next to my xp, the way the panels are all warped. I'm sure I"ll get bashed for this post but oh well.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Actually..I am impressed..if thats the only thing you found to bi**h about..polaris is doing better then they have..but yeah I would complain to the dealer as well then trim it up neat myself.....

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think that is the way it is and they really don't care. My 12 is about the same way.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
If you walked into a showroom and there were two exact sleds there, and one had the seat in the picture and the other one was perfect. I know which one you would buy. I know I am comparing apples to oranges here but, here are two pictures of the second new Polaris ATV rack for my new Polaris ATV. The first one didn't fit at all. Back to the dealer again. Gas $4.00 a gallon.
I agree with Teth-Air. Come on Polaris!
picture.php

picture.php

WOW ONLY $4 A GALLON! F*ck off americans......its $5.19 a gallon to fill my ram in saskatchewan. $4 i f*cking wish.

Back to topic.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Are you guys trail riding your sleds all year? ;) Little things like that are easier to just take care of yourself. Save the issues that are expensive or painful for your dealer. He's going to think you are a hypochondriac! Someone said fuel was $4/gallon so why not just deal with some of this yourself? BTW, my 2011 Pro seat held up very well.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Well about 50/50 on the replys. I did not refuse the sled because everybody is in the same boat but I thought it should be better. And for those who say the 12's are the same, this new shorter seat seems to have the staples more exposed and maybe at a steeper angle so you can easily see it without looking under.

Bottom line is, could they have done better? This gives the impression that the same quality might be in the motor? I hope not.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Well about 50/50 on the replys. I did not refuse the sled because everybody is in the same boat but I thought it should be better. And for those who say the 12's are the same, this new shorter seat seems to have the staples more exposed and maybe at a steeper angle so you can easily see it without looking under.

Bottom line is, could they have done better? This gives the impression that the same quality might be in the motor? I hope not.

Hahah we already know the same quality is in the motor;) I had originally snow checked a 2013 Pro RMK for this season.......I decided to get the M1100T instead. Anyone want a brand new 2013 163 white and grey with 3 year warranty? Probably still in the crate.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Hahah we already know the same quality is in the motor;) I had originally snow checked a 2013 Pro RMK for this season.......I decided to get the M1100T instead. Anyone want a brand new 2013 163 white and grey with 3 year warranty? Probably still in the crate.

Why are you posting this, just to flame others?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley

My internal combustion engines on my sleds never last. My warranty and my dealer have been awesome though...so far.

Now about that seat...
You should probably send it down to me and I will ride it around all year just to make sure the horrible craftsmanship hasn't affected performance.:face-icon-small-win

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Coming from the automotive industry.....I am always BLOWN AWAY at the quality (lack thereof) that the recreation vehicle segments get away with. And that applies to boats, RV's, trailers, and sleds.

Ya, they are "all like that," but it still looks like crap, and it shouldn't given that it's brand new and expensive. Whether or not you're going to run it into a tree on the first ride isn't the issue here....

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I think this is a good thread. Both my 2011's and the 2013 have the same issue. So why is poor craftsmanship acceptable?
I see people on this site building beautiful sleds and went to great lengths to come out with something they are proud of. Why shouldn't a multibillion dollar corporation do the same? :face-icon-small-fro

These guys are loving every minute of this.
http://www.bossseats.com/polaris/dragon-rmk-seats.html

Agreed, but BOSS seats are garbage ! F'n cheap *** zippers didn't even make it throught 1 season ! Don't waste your $$$

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I totally get your point. But in my view that's pretty minor. Just grab a staple gun and finish it.

Premium Features