• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado Non-Oxygenated (no ethanol) Fuel Stations (race fuel as well)

M
Nov 27, 2007
Arvada,CO
Pulled the manuel on the m1000 today and it says gas over 87 octane will not improve the performance; however, will it provide other things? Will it keep internal parts cleaner, like the injectors? Can it hurt anything?

KFSNOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
PJ I'm coming up this weekend and was wondering which station has the good fuel? (91 octane non-ethanol) Thanks

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Steamboat non-E

I have not seen any non-ethanol stations for Steamboat listed here or on the above site. Are there any?

P
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Geneva WI
non oxy stations in Steamboat

I was up there last year and I ran into the Owner of Steamboat Powersports up on Buff Pass. I asked him where to get non oxy fuel in town since were were mixing 110 with pump premium for our mods and he was pretty sure there is not a station left in Steamboat that carries "GOOD GAS-non oxy gas". Best bet is to get some AvGas 100LL and mix that with pump premium.
I have not seen any non-ethanol stations for Steamboat listed here or on the above site. Are there any?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Lakewood, CO
According to the Shell owner at exit 240 in Idaho Springs, no station in Colorado can offer ethanol free gas. Anyone else heard this?
He's been asking the sledders if they would be intersted in or pay for 93.

B

BadAftertaste

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
www.jcbritish.com
I was up there last year and I ran into the Owner of Steamboat Powersports up on Buff Pass. I asked him where to get non oxy fuel in town since were were mixing 110 with pump premium for our mods and he was pretty sure there is not a station left in Steamboat that carries "GOOD GAS-non oxy gas". Best bet is to get some AvGas 100LL and mix that with pump premium.

If you're mixing av100 with pump and want to stay away from ethanol, you may like 260gtx. I buy a few 5 gallon drums of it every year from Hill petroleum to keep things cool.

http://www.sunocoinc.com/Site/Consumer/RaceFuels/UnleadedFuels/Sunoco260GTX.htm

fwiw-

Craig

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
According to the Shell owner at exit 240 in Idaho Springs, no station in Colorado can offer ethanol free gas. Anyone else heard this?
He's been asking the sledders if they would be intersted in or pay for 93.

I have heard the same. Several have told me that they are getting it from the pipeline with ethanol in it and Colorado has to have ethanol by "law". I'm not sure what that law is but sounds consistent.

I WOULD pay for 93.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Geneva WI

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Pulled the manuel on the m1000 today and it says gas over 87 octane will not improve the performance; however, will it provide other things? Will it keep internal parts cleaner, like the injectors? Can it hurt anything?

Discussion for another thread, but using race fuel, or even 91 around here for that sled is 100% wasteful.

The ethanol witch hunt is kinda funny, it's less than ideal for sure, but it's not the devil that people like to make it out to be.

In a 1000 around here, WITHOUT a head, 85 works better than 91 will.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
FYI:

Prices at Bandimere as of this morning.

116L $9.00
112L $7.50
110L $7.15

104UL $7.50

They also said they had other grades of UL, didn't ask if these were non ethanol, but I would guess that is the case, but really spendy just to avoid ethanol.

Just bought 20 gal of 116... that should do me for 5-6 weeks for both turbos. I'd love to see 93 down in the ho, I'll talk to that guy. I wonder how much he'd need for it.

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
The BMP mod seems to do fine on 85, but I run 87 or 91 most of the time. At 10,000 feet you can get away with less octane and I don't think the ethanol is a problem, except that it attracts water. I throw in some heet now and then for that. I notice 85 produces higher egt's, but still acceptable.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Gunnison Tire on Highway 50 in Gunnison sells 91 octane, ethanol free. Only station I know of aside from one in Cook, MN (and they have signs telling you its for off highway or classic car use only).

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I don't think the ethanol is a problem, except that it attracts water. I throw in some heet now and then for that.

Curious about what your gain might be-- as I understand it, the ethanol is doing the same thing as Heet-- binds with water and goes through the engine. I quit using additives when most all of the gas in the central and northwestern parts of the state became "Denver" blend gas. Now, its mandated.

We used to watch which gas dry product we used. We were told to stay away from methanol based ones, due to damage to the diaphragms. The methanol brands were generally cheaper than the ethanol based brands.

Premium Features