• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coil over spring conversion

K
Hi all, It's been a very long time! My account seemed to be deleted so I opened a new one. I used to go by the user name of skippysledder.

I have a question. I bought a used 2008 Dragon for my boys to ride and the rear suspension seems to be real weak. So, we ordered new springs and was going to have the shocks recharged. But I an wondering if anyone has taken the rear springs off and replace the old gas shocks with new shocks of an AXYS skid. I would like to do this and I have seen plenty of take offs for sale. If you know, please chime in and tell me if you have or know of someone who has done this. What worked, what didn't, what else has to be done. Maybe you know of a video that's been made on this subject that you could link to me. This sight has always proven to give great info and I hope that hasn't changed over the years. It's good to be back riding! I love my 18 PRO!

Thank you!!

SKIPPYZ

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I replaced the complete skid on an 09 that I had with a skid from a 14 pro rmk. It made a noticeable difference. The pro rmk shocks are interchangeable and with the axys shocks I think the front track shock is different.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Pro skid fit right in my 07 iq. Shocking to me, but it weighed over 30 pounds less and for me, got up on the snow much better. I’d swap the whole skid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features