• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X revalving shocks

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I have always just rode with stock shocks, and haven’t been able to even ride a similar sled with redone shocks. What is the main advantage of having them revalued? What should one ask for when sending them in? They seem to want to know what percentage you want for compression and rebound. No idea what to ask for. Who has had their shocks redone at Tom’s and what did you ask for? Thx.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I have always just rode with stock shocks, and haven’t been able to even ride a similar sled with redone shocks. What is the main advantage of having them revalued? What should one ask for when sending them in? They seem to want to know what percentage you want for compression and rebound. No idea what to ask for. Who has had their shocks redone at Tom’s and what did you ask for? Thx.

Technically a good shock tuner will ask two questions, your weight and your main riding style and the shocks are tuned accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Technically a good shock tuner will ask two questions, your weight and your main riding style and the shocks are tuned accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone have the name of a good place to revalve shocks? Who is Tom? Anyone know of anyone in the Idaho falls area? Or anywhere?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Big John at sled head racing has revalved my socks and they worked great. He asks those two questions also. Gas shock repair in Rigby does a really good job also.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I’m spoiling myself on top of the line shocks this round being I ordered the X instead of the Expert. Want to see how much difference there is between them.

Premium Features