• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch hitting

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well any more than 3 credit cards the wife get's out of control LMAO. It's up at the dealer now they looked at it and said something is just not right they have a new clutch they will try and going to call polaris to see what they say and go from there I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks again

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well here is the update they are pulling the motor out to tear down he said that the crankshaft pin on the pto side is probably broke and letting just that side slide in I thought polaris had only 1 pin and that was in the center section any input on this...

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
polaris clutch

ya it sounds like your case is breaking and also the 700 taper is different they went to a 32mm taper on the 800 so your wifes clutch wont fit on your crank. indy dan is by far the best fix for this problem, hope this helps

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
I'm just wondering why you would pull a clutch off a sled that is under warranty and less than 400 miles on it?

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well the only reason i was pulling the clutch off was polaris was not balacing them worth a crap. Sence my last post polaris has installed a new crank and clutch in my sled the case's looked good and i could not get them sent to indy dan for his repair due to warenty. I will see how it go's now i do have a lot of clearence now about 3/16 of a inch. The crank was milled wrong from factory.

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Yep that is the good about it all it sure sounds alot better then before to. the motor don't shake as bad either.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features