• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Since they have global maps of fires why not flooding? You know something that could be documented and addressed?

I guess that wouldn't play into their favor of preventative maintenance.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It takes a village to raise a child, Some of the richest soil in the United States is the Red River Valley. Highest rain fall in 20 years was 1998, 27 inches.
In 2005 Ketchikan AK annual rain fall was 16 feet. Apples and oranges but brings up questions on how something on a map of nothing can be so devastating.

1714330123290.png

It's a cash cow

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
So when you stop teaching history it becomes a topic ignored, to some it's a price to pay and to others it's a profit.

This is what they tell us,
Why is this important? The Missouri River and the Red River are reminders of an ancient past when geological forces brought immense changes to the landscape over a period of millions of years. The long-ago processes of glaciation, erosion, and sedimentation made the Red River Valley one of the most productive agricultural regions in the world. The Missouri River still carries meltwater from the Rocky Mountains into North Dakota and on down to the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico.

Yet they leave one important factor water will always follow the path of least resistance. From the very beginning and it won't deviate unless persuaded.

( from the Rocky Mountains into North Dakota and on down to the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico )

I have to say finding this information sucked. We believe what we are told, they lie.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's coming from the mid states also try and find it, please.
No.
Everything south of the continental divide runs south.

On this map the marker for continental divide is at south end of Traverse in Browns Valley MN. Everything South of that flows south. Everything north of it runs north. (of course the divide is not a straight line, but you should get the point.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The two posts above yours was what answered the question I was looking for, thank you though.

The Missouri was the feeder I was looking for. Books say it but maps differ, not to mention the run off from the Rockies.

There's a reason why Gates hooked his claws into farm land there for it's riches. Doesn't cost him a dime when you flood, if anything he'll profit. His little buddy Buffet will just rail it in or out :)

Speaking of which, hows his nuclear power plants doing in Wyoming and Idaho?

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Is anyone else sick and f_ing tired about hearing 'carbon this' and 'carbon that'?
Absolutely!

Thinking broadly, I have no idea where it came from other than it being a globalist talking point that resonates in dysfunctional echo chambers of smug, so called "academia" types, who then try to look smart by perpetuating the virtue signal.

.... or something like that.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Absolutely!

Thinking broadly, I have no idea where it came from other than it being a globalist talking point that resonates in dysfunctional echo chambers of smug, so called "academia" types, who then try to look smart by perpetuating the virtue signal.

.... or something like that.
The carbon$$$$$$$$$$$$credits transitioned nicely to global warming. Government requires the offset by purchasing credits using areas the land owner agrees not to touch, they stop harvesting resources for money, fine print, government has say over the land now to the extent that it could be considered trespassing and it wouldn't be the owners of the land that has the right to enforce that.

CRP, conservation reserve program, was like the little test plots, worked so well farmers quit farming their land. Now the corporate world is selling out thier owners land.

Maybe a farmer could fill us in ?

Think about it, diaper boy is paying the rich to do nothing with their businesses.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Crp was payments on drought stricken land or land that was better if fallowed in rotation. It was restrictive only as long as you took a paycheck, could be pulled any year if farmer chose to go another route. We never used it. My father in law has a rougher farm and it saved his ass.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I vaguely remember the CRP / "set aside" program from years ago and good friends in Idaho and Montana that were effected both positively and negatively depending on the year and their gaming of the system and their competitors' similar actions.

One thing that sticks out is one of them summarizing "why put in the effort if the Government guarantees the payment.?" And, some saying I can make more money by NOT planting, getting the check from the GVT and just filling out the paperwork.

It begs the question if it is overall healthy for the farming industry vs/and government intervention, or not....

Bigger topic here too - I'm just in favor of keeping USA food supplies controlled by USA citizens and NOT by foreign countries or other Globalist entities - AKA WEF, Bill Gates and their ilk.

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’ve never seen a crp payment that payed better than typical acreage income.
If they made more, it was a disaster situation. It was more of an encouragement to use good farming practices to manage less than ideal conditions.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Well, it speaks to you IDspud that you haven't taken part in government handouts what others seem to have.

Sincere respect.

Premium Features