• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cats can fly!!!

M
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah... seems like he needs better friends to me.

Never heard of ANYONE in CO needing a chopper ride out (sled I mean) no matter how nasty it is, we always seem to get the sled out.

not in b.c. but i bet he left the key on and the battery was dead...lol. i have over 400km on a 1100t no issues. another with over 200km.best new sled byfar.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
It happens its 400 an hour lol. wheres the chopper flying from? It can be cheap or can get spendy quick!

Turnagain, placer and anywhere near girdwood. Can get it done for 400$.

-Aksnopro

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
You could pull that out through shade lane in your sleep, but maybe they didnt know the way. Even so, it would have been pretty easy to pull it over the top with a couple of sleds hooked together. Im thinking the whole group was not that experienced, or maybe wealthy.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
It happens its 400 an hour lol. wheres the chopper flying from? It can be cheap or can get spendy quick!

-Aksnopro

You could pull that out through shade lane in your sleep, but maybe they didnt know the way. Even so, it would have been pretty easy to pull it over the top with a couple of sleds hooked together. Im thinking the whole group was not that experienced, or maybe wealthy.

With $180.00 belts, I can understand flying it out for $400.00.
But the places I ride I have heard it's over a $1000 to get them out.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
We pulled an old Mt. Cat out from a gully se of Bull Pen.

That was quite a feat. A 1000 Mod King Cat and a RX-1 turbo both pulling. We had scouted the best way out first. I liked the feeling of accomplishment afterwards with beer. The real bitc* of it was working on the sled in the trailer later. Axel bearing.

Owen

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
serisouly 20km's and you need a chopper?

Not sure what a km is but it can't be that far. ;)

We have strung sleds three in a line to tow out a broke sled in some nasty deep spots.

Chopper? No need when you have American ingenuity at work!
:face-icon-small-coo

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
If you can afford a $17,000 sled....

Then maybe. I have one comming, but I can't afford it. I'll take a tow.

Owen

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
choppers...it does seem to be the canadian way:canada:.....lol.....however kaleb is correct....may want to procure some better friends!

Last edited:
R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Don't know why this pissing match is going on in this post...

If the guy wants to get a chopper ride out, let him get a chopper ride out - his money - big deal. No need to get into it over a clip of a chopper ride out on Snowest lol.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Yes because you are annoying at staging grounds with your oversized trailers and campers. And for getting lost everywhere. You guys should stick to fields lol

Usually means us Albertans work for a living, can't lay back and collect welfare and enjoy sledding all winter :face-icon-small-sho

S
Dec 20, 2007

-Aksnopro

Im in southern Ut. and id pay 600$ in a heart beat to get a ride out. Where were at it 3,000 to get a bird in the air that can do the job. We ride about 11k feet in alt and they dont like coming up that highfor the most part. We have some places where you have to be real creative to get a sled out otherwise.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Yeah, Revy only 6,000', but

don't let that fool ya. the mountains are tall and steep with lots of snow. More snow than I've ever seen before.

Owen

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
maybe this guy has some dough and didn't want to ruin his buddies day by wasting all their time pulling his broken sled out of the mountains? We've only had to do one heli lift in 10 years of riding, and looking back, i bet we could've got him out, but it would've taken the entire day, and he went down first thing in the morning. To this day, i'm still very thankful SEEYACOP shelled out the dough for the bird, as it was probably the best day of riding I've ever had. The only think that stunk was that SEEYACOP wasn't with us.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
We have strung sleds three in a line to tow out a broke sled in some nasty deep spots.
We actually don't have rope in Canada, so by the time we kill enough wildlife to obtain the amount of sinew necessary for such it feat it will be dark out and the sasquatch will be after you. Nobody wants that.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
We actually don't have rope in Canada, so by the time we kill enough wildlife to obtain the amount of sinew necessary for such it feat it will be dark out and the sasquatch will be after you. Nobody wants that.

LMAO

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Isn't that what the 2-4pack is for? The old commercials showed 3 out of 4 sasquatches liked Kokanee.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Isn't that what the 2-4pack is for? The old commercials showed 3 out of 4 sasquatches liked Kokanee.

24 is for us. Sasquatch can get his own. Come to think of it you could use the 24 for bait and then harness him with the sinew to pull the sled. What's rope? Gotta go now and clean my 36' custom trailer and buy another diesel pusher - other one is low on fuel.

Premium Features