• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat Service bulletin

J
Oct 11, 2009
Iowa
I did the hanger trick and pulled the lever over on the oil pump, started let idle about 10 seconds...Air out of line and premixed tank. Rode 60 miles to break in and let it set a week. Went out to ride thought I would check the oil lines again and had about 2 inches of air in the line by the boot on the exhaust side??????? Did the hanger trick again and rode. Will I have to do this every time I ride? Anyone else see this?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
260 miles on mine, never looked at oil lines, just pre mixed and tipped on side per instructions

J
Oct 11, 2009
Iowa
Dam Dave,, I would have probably never looked at the oil lines either, but with all the talk on here about this wanted to keep an eye on it. I checked tonight and both the lines had about an 1.5 inch of air right below the boots. So I started it and within about 4 seconds of running the oil slowly cam up to the boot....Maybe all my sleds have done this and I haven't ever paid any attention?

H
Feb 13, 2009
All the oil lines needs to be bled completely! oil in the tank helps, however if there is air in the lines, you will starve the motor from oil, if there is any air in the suction line from the tank to the pump, the pump will get an air lock and stop pumping completely!

Premium Features