• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDT

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Anyone know or know how to get a hold of Chris? I have left phone messages and sent emails with no response. My understanding and it could be wrong, but I have heard from several peeps he has gotten himself in trouble at Buena Vista like he did at the Ears. Want to hear from the horses mouth what is up. Did he buy that place or is he just using the previous permit? If he did not buy in, maybe TML would be the perfect place for him!!!!!! I have never met the guy and would like to talk to him. How do I find him?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
if you can't get ahold of him right off the bat....leave a message that you own a lodge with a guiding permit and your location...let him know its for sale with friendly financing available :)

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Ok, so right from the horses mouth. He did NOT buy the lodge or the business at Buena Vista. He entered into a 2 year agreement "leasing" the tour rights and portions of the property. He says so far both him and the other party are happy with the arrangement and business is going very well. He too is very frustrated with the FS, and is not sure what will happen after his 2nd year there.
He said it had been a long time since he has been on the Mesa and only remembered that the area is gigantic. He was very interested in the opportunity and was suprised to get a call for something like this out of the blue. He is coming up in 2 weeks to ride the area and look at what I have.
So, the short story is I get to ride with Burandt for nothing! Nan ah nan ah nan ah lol
I'm starting to feel like Diz, almost sponshured.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
nice move Mark...I'll do the snow dance for you so he gets the best taste of what the Mesa has to offer.

Don't forget the free week of guiding riding each year for yourself and a few friends :)

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok, so right from the horses mouth. He did NOT buy the lodge or the business at Buena Vista. He entered into a 2 year agreement "leasing" the tour rights and portions of the property. He says so far both him and the other party are happy with the arrangement and business is going very well. He too is very frustrated with the FS, and is not sure what will happen after his 2nd year there.
He said it had been a long time since he has been on the Mesa and only remembered that the area is gigantic. He was very interested in the opportunity and was suprised to get a call for something like this out of the blue. He is coming up in 2 weeks to ride the area and look at what I have.
So, the short story is I get to ride with Burandt for nothing! Nan ah nan ah nan ah lol
I'm starting to feel like Diz, almost sponshured.

I think your "employees" need to come and make sure he is up to snuff, You dont want the lodge getting a bad name:face-icon-small-hap

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Chris is really a nice down to earth guy. You will enjoy riding with him and will learn allot. A little advice though....go to Costco and get a pallet of Advil for after the ride. We see him and Skinner out all the time with the tours. You just look at their lines and scratch your helmet.....:crutch:

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
You need CB up there wednesday after this next snow. Tell him to hurry up Mark.

Oh ya, tell him you have a couple of "bums" that have parking rights grandfathered in. Lol

Sam

Premium Features