• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boards vs Eliminators

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
I have a hard season on the Meathookers and they have been great. I liked the price point, the rearward facing cleats in the front and the predrilled rivot holes. I have no experience with the rest but from all I hear/read you can't go wrong with the BB's either.

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I bought the Snow Eliminators for both mine and the wifes sled before I knew there were other choices. I would not go with them for the Polaris raw chassis. The cleats go right up into the footwells and make them very tight. I didn't rivet them into the side of the tunnel as there is not enough clearance between the track and tunnel, so hopefully I don't end up cracking my tunnel. I did grind the cleats in the footwells down and they work ok now, but I wish I would have used Better Boards!!!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I'm not in here to bash one brand or another just my opinion as I have gotten to ride both BB and Meethookers. I loved my BB's except in the very front near the foot well. That slick surface will let your feet slam up into the footwell. Meathookers boards have the rear facing cleats in the front that gives you the confidence that your foot isn't gonna end up slammed in the front of a footwell on one of those cornice drops or any other situation it may occur in. So for me I like the Meathooker's Feethookers boards better, have a lil better cost and they held up just as good as BB's. Its all personal opinion. I still have BB's on one of my 09 Dragons, but will be ordering another set of meathookers for my 2010 TD800.... my opinion so to any of those out there who choose to bash, bash away as the thread asked for an opinion.

Thanks

Aug

Good post, but just so everyone knows, the reasoning for not having any cleats in the front is so your boot doesnt get stuck up in the foot well... get on a sled that does have the cleats in the front, wedge your boot up in there and try getting it out. rob does make some that have the reversed cleats in the front of them so your boot will come out of the footwell a little easier, he may only do this on custom jobs but i know if you wanted them that way he could take care of you. here's the best pic i can find at the moment of mine

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I put the Sno-Eliminators on my 900 mainly because the dealer had those in stock when I was doing a bunch of stuff to the sled, but looking back on it I wish I'd gone with the Better Boards ... After having seen some of them actually installed they are better to be sure, plus F-Bomb has never been shy about giving good advice to people on here, so in the future he has my business....

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Better Boards! Got a set on my wife's Dragon and about to put a set on my 900. Best sled mod for the money hands down. Plus, Rob's a great guy that's very active in the sport and always looking for ways to improve products.

Get the black though, they look much better...I cheaped out and got natural aluminum and now have to send them out to be powdercoated:eek:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Yesterday I bought a set from HM turbos and they seem to be as good as the others. They don't have the cleats in the foot wells either...the price was too hard to pass up. Call these guys before you pay too much.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
In my opinion I would even give it a second thought...go with the Better Boards. Once you deal with Rob and F-Bomb racing you will understand what a "stand up guy" he is. He is there to help you and not just take your money. He stands behind his product and will go above and beyond to satisfy his customers.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
cheaper is not always better... i have seen two or three new board kits out there this year and i have got to hold two of them in my hands and i can promise you that there will be some un happy customers when they ruin their tunnel because the boards they put on were weak and not up to par. there is a reason 90% of the guys on here run better boards, because they really are the BETTER board

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Does anyone have pictures of damaged tunnels on the IQ RMK's that used snow eliminators? I'd like to see what kind of cracking is occuring.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
anyone ever try the mountain tuff boards
Polaris%20IQ%20RBs%202005-2006.jpg

Yep, I installed their wide board kit this week. Went together real slick.:D
Stoked to hop side to side and front to back with a larger platform.:face-icon-small-hap

WRPWideBoardPics011.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics006.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics003.jpg

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
JKINZER as a few pics on here of some screwed up snow eliminators im not sure if its the product or the install but what ever the problem is his girlfriends new sled was not done 100% by the old owner. but on another note it will still make a good back up sled for him if needed

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
it was the owner.. they decided to weld some hidious brackets on to them and weld it all to the tunnel and the bulkhead...

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
The coating doesn't allow ice to bond (bonding and then buildup is what is happening on both non-boarded foot wells as well as some boarded ones) like it does to natural aluminum plus the surface of the aluminum product is now ten times harder. You get the light weight benefit of alloy aluminum but don't suffer the consequences of a super soft surface, metal stress fatigue, and oxidation.

Hammer or Wrinkle finishes showed good durability but the worst performing for ice bonding...actually outperformed by natural clean sheet non treated aluminum alloy from any of the 5,6 and 7 series and killed by plastic. Uneven surface (cupped effect of hammer finishes actually enhanced snow and ice bonding and led to increased build up. So while durable for appearance and hardness terrible for shedding snow.

We extensively tested all kinds of coatings from electrostatic hard surface plastics to many, many, versions of electrostatically applied heat activated powders to come up with our current finish and process. As the industry evolves we are always looking for new processes and products to further enhance our line and continue to keep us way ahead of the competition. Irregardless of how exciting or cool looking some new space age finish is advertised to be Snowmobile Better Boards will never bring that to market on any of our products PRIOR to extensive and adequate testing both in the field of use and in the lab. Rest assured if we find something "BETTER" both in process or in product it will be on our products! But you won't be the ones testing it for us at your risk and expense.

Remember:

How the boards are pre-prepped and then how the finish is applied is also paramount. If guys think there is no difference between finishes and design then go buy the cheaper untested and unproven versions (products and designs that we know through extensive experience are inferior). Better Boards have over a million ridden miles of extensive use and testing, PROVING that there is a HUGE difference in how you do things and what you do it with! Saving $50 dollars on inferior parts will just cost you huge headaches and money down the road..and sub-par performance in the snow!

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
It is good to see Rob adapting the Feethooker Reverse cleat on the footwell area. Everyone that has been running Feethookers likes the added traction as well as ease of foot removal from the area.

Good post, but just so everyone knows, the reasoning for not having any cleats in the front is so your boot doesnt get stuck up in the foot well... get on a sled that does have the cleats in the front, wedge your boot up in there and try getting it out. rob does make some that have the reversed cleats in the front of them so your boot will come out of the footwell a little easier, he may only do this on custom jobs but i know if you wanted them that way he could take care of you. here's the best pic i can find at the moment of mine

Premium Features