• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blown Motor Presents: 405 Lb. PRO RMK 163 by Carls Cycle Sales

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I drive 500 miles, ONE WAY, to deal with Carl's. I wouldn't let another dealer touch my sled, let alone build a custom sled for me. Those guys go above and beyond every time and I am there. I WISH they were only 15mins away. You have the best dealer in the country in your back yard!!!!

its really hit and miss there. ive had great service one day and just god aweful service the next

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Nice work! I would like to know how much work was put into the Patrick carbon to fit and install. I have always had good service with Carls!

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I drive 500 miles, ONE WAY, to deal with Carl's. I wouldn't let another dealer touch my sled, let alone build a custom sled for me. Those guys go above and beyond every time and I am there. I WISH they were only 15mins away. You have the best dealer in the country in your back yard!!!!

yes and no if your going to spend 15-30K a year as you do then yes Carl's is the best dealer. if you a local guy as many have posed above and you need a set of shocks serviced the get in line like walmart. maybe the big money has priced the locals out of Carl's.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
This thread is not about Carl's Cycle and customer experiences fellas, it is about a sweet sled that was built. Keep er on track please!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
1000 bucks a pound or maybe 2.25 dollarish (Canuck bucks lol) a gram sounds easier to take lol. Wish I had my own jet.

It's more than a weight saving project though, eh! Beautiful sled. Sure makes you respect what come out of the barns around Revy eh! lol.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin

Maybe it is because you are spending a little(lot) more than the average customer?

By the way, that is simply awesome!!

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I remember the day when it used to be a $100 per pound of weight loss.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Yes, Carbon is one of the most expensive weight savings out there, but it sure does look trick. Like said before, when you get into this sort of a build, or when you start something like this. You are likely not even asking prices haha, more of a "just get it done" attitude. Impressive to say the least. There is still a ton of weight on this sled to be lost, in our opinion.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT

A high rolling sled video superstar, who likely spends big bucks with a certain mega dealership, gets great service and has nothing but good things to say about said dealership.

Never would have guessed that? Kind of like the hot chick with the nice rack that has everyone falling all over themselves to be nice to her and do stuff for her, and then wonders why it isn't like that for everyone.

BTW, sled is awesome.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
A high rolling sled video superstar, who likely spends big bucks with a certain mega dealership, gets great service and has nothing but good things to say about said dealership.

Never would have guessed that? Kind of like the hot chick with the nice rack that has everyone falling all over themselves to be nice to her and do stuff for her, and then wonders why it isn't like that for everyone.

BTW, sled is awesome.

LOL, love the analogy. Yeah, maybe you have a point, I honesty have nothing to compare to. Although before they knew me from Adam, they have always been real good. I don't know many dealerships that will stay after hours for you, or take you out on the weekends to make sure you are dialed. But all that aside, I honestly trust them with my sled more than anyone out there. In my opinion, there is not another dealership with as much experience and knowledge as them. I mean, clutching, shocks, big bores, you name it. I take my sled there simply because I want the best machine I can get; and I think Carl's is hard to beat.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
LOL, love the analogy. Yeah, maybe you have a point, I honesty have nothing to compare to. Although before they knew me from Adam, they have always been real good. I don't know many dealerships that will stay after hours for you, or take you out on the weekends to make sure you are dialed. But all that aside, I honestly trust them with my sled more than anyone out there. In my opinion, there is not another dealership with as much experience and knowledge as them. I mean, clutching, shocks, big bores, you name it. I take my sled there simply because I want the best machine I can get; and I think Carl's is hard to beat.

I don't think anyone would ever question the quality of Carl's products or knowledge. And I certainly didn't mean anything negative toward you in my post. It's in their best interests to keep high profile riders like you happy. It's just that sometimes those of us that aren't spending big money year after year would like to thought of as more than afterthoughts or annoyances.

And that last part isn't singling out Carl's either. I've been to a few shops that aren't even close to the size of Carl's that made me feel like that.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Nice thing about AO, when he dumps his sled off the mountain, he still comes out looking pretty.

:face-icon-small-ton

Haha he may look good, but his tunnels are always folded in half. What is it now, three sleds on the same hill?? You would think you would remember the icy spot ;)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK

Haha he may look good, but his tunnels are always folded in half. What is it now, three sleds on the same hill?? You would think you would remember the icy spot ;)

After totaling three sleds; one would think he'd spend a fraction of that coin on ice screws or TI paddles? At least it would to me, but hind sight is always clearer, but a trifector? Maybe the fourth time?

Back to topic

Premium Features