• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blewett

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Anything further is just inciteful and not necessary.
mmm..... if it keeps on happening it will always be necessary....

I suggest that the OP start a thread and put down any and all evidence of snowmobilers riding in the wilderness here. Each and every time he sees them!

Anything less is just not enough!!!

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Are you sure the tracks were not from snowmobile-riding skiers? Or perhaps an evil skiing conspirator, set upon the bold exploit to tarnish the overall valiant snowmobile community standing.

I think that generally the user groups make an effort to get along and that this year with the lessened snow pack and condensed quality access points may have lead to more squabbles. This brings up a good point that you’d be very honorable in pursuing, with your connections, the need for expanded and multiple (perhaps some segregated) access points.

I’ve encountered more animosity from skiers than has ever been warranted. If you have been on here for long you’d see the outreach, consideration, and thoughtfulness attempted by most sledders to other snow users; Skiers, snowshoers, dog sledders, rental sledders, ect… A lot of us go out of our way to slow down, often ask proper or suggested trail etiquette, leave a lane, organize access and clean-up, and offer friendly gesture.

This is where the snowmobile organization group leaders should be coming forward to find out who he is in communication with, find the truth without elevated diminutive language (from both sides) work on solutions; continually updating the user groups.

Raddonnee, you’d be better off asking who these folks are, once you’ve stated your concern, and working directly with them, rather than resort to scrap talk. You seemed genuinely concerned and were willing to discus the issue, but now are just coming off as someone here to argue and, I fear (as I originally suspected), plainly opposed to our sport and land use.

Work together for MORE not less?

R

Randonnee

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 4, 2008
Well sir I think that I stated clearly the reason that I am on this Forum. All I have asked is that snowmobile riders follow the Regs and Law. I have not hidden the fact that this and reporting Trespass is my agenda. Currently, that is all.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Well sir I think that I stated clearly the reason that I am on this Forum. All I have asked is that snowmobile riders follow the Regs and Law. I have not hidden the fact that this and reporting Trespass is my agenda. Currently, that is all.
Since almost everyone who responded to your threads has been in complete agreement with you on the issue of sledders riding in non-motorized areas, there was really no reason for you to keep getting more and more arrogant/antagonistic with your posts and start assuming the tough guy posture like you have.

News flash: Sledders are just as much against sledders who ride in non-motorized areas as skiers are; I would even say more so, since they have more to lose. After all the responses you've gotten, you still don't understand that? Personally, I think if someone thumbs there nose at the law and continually rides in non-motorized areas then they deserve to have there name posted on the forum. I have nothing but contempt for people who feel that the world revolves around them.

Of course, no one should block anyone. However, there is no Reg requiring load/ unload space- that takes up a lot of parking for others.

After reading your first 3 posts, I pretty much figured that would be your opinion on the issue. IMO, that is the kind of narrow minded ignorance that stems from having such a self-serving myopic view point. So you figure that sledders should all do there loading/unloading in the middle of the road? Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together can understand why some space is needed between the rigs. I can only conclude from your posts (since you are repeatedly saying "there is no Reg requiring load/ unload space") that you are one of the ones who are always squeezing in between two rigs and thinking there's nothing wrong with it. If that is the case then you aren't any better than the self centered jerks who are riding snowmobiles in non-motorized areas. Stupid is as stupid does.

R

Randonnee

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks for all of the mature and logical discussion, the rest of it well... I am out of here. Thanks to the Moderator for letting me express concerns!

I had a great day today Volunteering my time and labor to USFS in marking Boundaries. I met and talked to some snowmobilers, talked about all of this, as always they were great folks and we look forward to running into each other again.

This internet thing is the same everywhere- people fling crap when they have no better argument, change that subject, attack the poster, whine when they get it thrown back at them. It was especially interesting to have crap flung on a PM

Aside from that, I will continue along with many in trying to correct the problem of snowmobile Wilderness trespass and Closure Violation.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
If we were smart we would be trying to CORRECT the problem of wilderness area's. The sad truth is they remain more commited to their cause than we ever have been. This guy's out on the trail shaking hands and passing out brochures. How do you compete against that?

T

TooDeepTodd

WHAT NOTHIN'

What..nothing new today? Cummon Radon, I been reading this thread for days now just for the shear entertainment value. ** You puff your chest out, they hang their Dikks out...new tracks here, greenies set us up over there. This is the most interesting, no point makin', wish we could all get along, I never park in the turn around thread n the internet........come on, give me some more reading....I just can't sleep.:painkiller:

Premium Features