• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best control box?

CatMan88

Lifetime Membership
having the same dilema with 09 m1 slp single pipe kit. but i have bdx intake and slp programs the power commander with their intake. they said it might work and not be to big of a difference and u can always fine to it yourself but you have to do it from a computer. kinda inefficient way of having to tune if you ask me.

but would love to have the powercommander if anyone could tell me it works with bdx intake.

I have a BDX intake to so i will have the same problem.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Catman there is a pretty good article in this months issue of snowtech magazine on the pcIII just thought i would give you a heads up if you haven't read it yet.

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
well do we know if they are going to have it finished anytime soon? would like to wait for the pc5 but i need something to be able to run my sled!!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I hope this clears some things up a bit.

The PowerCommander V will not be available for the Arctic Cat for a couple months. I am guessing around Jan 1st. It will be closed loop capable. PLEASE do not confuse closed loop with plug and play. They are having some tuning issues with the closed loop because under quick acceleration or deceleration it is chasing the A/F setting......meaning you chop the throttle and as it reads and makes changes for 1/2 throttle, you are already to 1/4 throttle. Another thing that you need to know, is that when you hook up PCV you have to give it base A/F numbers to look for......at EACH RPM setting.

So, at idle you know you can't get 12.5/1 ratios and run right...probably more like 16:1, but at mid throttle you will smoke your engine at 16:1.

In a nutshell, the reason the PCV will be better is because it is smaller. Closed loop will be a great tuning advantage, but will still need to have the tuner start with a base map and perfect it. Once perfected, you could just unplug the a/f guage and ride. Leaded fuel is hard on probes and two stroke oil only makes it worse.

We are getting there (perfect fuel control), step by step, but it will be a while before it is just plug and play like a diesel pickup with big boost!

GET PCIII now, and GO RIDING!!!!!

Next year worry about PCV
:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
This is going to get expensive.

Last year I bought the Boondocker box because the PCIII wasn't ready

This year I should buy the PCIII cause its ready and better then the bd box

Next year I should buy the PCV cause its the Shiz.

I think I am going to try crack I think it will be cheaper.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I have had great luck with the Boondocker. PM me your setup and elevation and I can give you some good#s.

Its all about progress, that is why I am not selling my Commodore 64 because every time I think of upgrading, they just come out with something new:D

Last edited:
M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
i have had great luck with the boondocker. Pm me your setup and elevation and i can give you some good#s.

Its all about progress, that is why i am not selling my commodore 64 because every time i think of upgrading, they just come out with something new:d

2008 m1000 full slp exhaust 09 upate, do you have a boondocker tune that will work, 2000-9000 feet.

I had a boondocker last season but in feb the velcro came loose and it bonded itself to my exhaust, i rode the rest of the season with the fuel pressure turned up and it ran great, id leave it but im not sure what it will do with the new ecm program.

Can you use the pcv without the o2 or do you need to run it.

Jason

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
hmmmmmm. Damn I can't keep up with this Chit. Going to send me to the poor house!:p

First a Attitude box......then a boondocker box........now a comander box........

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, they are starting to ship Polaris boxes, and then Yamaha will follow in a couple weeks. Cat is a bit away yet. That is on PowerCommander 5. PCIII is in stock ready to ship.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
the problem i see with the ones with the pre-set program is what if you add mods? getting a new program loaded everytime you change something could get expensive. how much does a new program cost?

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
the problem i see with the ones with the pre-set program is what if you add mods? Getting a new program loaded everytime you change something could get expensive. How much does a new program cost?

if i reAd it right they send you the software and u can also set your own maps.

ALSO HAS ANYONE HEARD ANY THING ABOUT THE ATTITUDE 3.5

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
everyone is having problems with the way a cat ecu works to get the closed loop system to work right and im not sure it will even be possible the na sleds might be possible but the turbo is another story for the closed loop hopefully someone gets it handled before the season is over.i run a atitude box and i would not run anything else personal preferance great service

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
box

Im running the Attitude box!! Great customer service, And great product!!

ya i sent mine back to him for a reflash after nitrous portion tripped on . never did get the box back . after phoning and email. know he's selling refurbished boxes for cheap.08 m1000

W
Sep 30, 2009
Cle Elum, WA
slp site says you can download them for free when you purchase one form them

But who's to say that SLP will have the correct tune for the mods that your individual sled has?

I'm currently running the PCIII with SLP's tune, and it works great... BUT I now have all SLP mods on my sled.

If I had other mfg's mods on my sled I'd stick with the Boondocker. It works great for that and is easily adjustable on the hill!

Premium Features