• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat drops the ball

R

rcditchpickle

Nov 26, 2007
MISSOULA MT
Not much of a front bumper to squair up the small trees boondocking. I think this front end is going to take a asswoopen and put this thing on its side going downhill with them spindles I hope that the parts wont be on backorder like Poo.

waflnutz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
New Rule

NEW RULE: One must ride the new AC M sled to pass judgment in a post.

C'mon guys. Please stop wasting posts on passing performance judgments that are pure speculation. Wasting everyone's time. The whole Ford/Chevy-style argument went out with parachute pants.

It would be great to see a few new threads here simply stating fact and source when possible.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
WELCOME.. My new PRO riders to the now DARKSIDE... You will love your new PRO'S they do everything you ever wanted a sled to do and more... And don't be fooled by hp #'s cuz it takes alot more than a 170hp to out do a PRO... And if you can really ride it will take a turbo to over come a PRO... So, WELCOME ALL of you heart broken cat guys and gals, TOO THE NEW ERA OF SLEDS THE ONE, THE ONLY, PRO RMK.......

well I thought this was funny. Anyone that takes this post as 100% serious needs to go to bed for about 12 hours, take a lesson in sarcasm and come back and read it next week. seems like people on the forum have no sense of humor these days

B

blackcat900

Nov 26, 2007
Chelan WA.
You polaris guys that get on here and talk smack about weight and hp need to go back your own forum and pretend you made the right decision about buying polaris. A few pounds doesnt make a difference in my mind. I think you guys are jealous of the new cat. The new 800 sled looks bad a**!

F
Dec 30, 2010
These new sleds are gonna make riding not fun anymore!!! half the fun in riding is the challenge and with the new cat and pro there is no challenge. I guess ac figures the only challenge will be holding on to 177 hp haha

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
I am a professor of sarcasm but with all the Polaris chin boogey going on over here I even thought he was serious...

I don't ever remember cat publishing weights the day they released a product line, let alone on one that has never been in actual production. Would be nice to have an estimate but I can wait a few days.

I swear I saw in last Snowest that the PRO-RMK was only lighter than a 2011 M8 by something like 8 lbs wet. May need to check my facts but I remember it wasn't much. The new sled wouldn't have to lose much to skate past the mark Polaris has set. I doubt Cat would release something heavier in the 2 stroke class. I am pretty sure they are already lighter than every other OEM turbo 4 stroke mountain sled:)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
You polaris guys that get on here and talk smack about weight and hp need to go back your own forum and pretend you made the right decision about buying polaris. A few pounds doesnt make a difference in my mind. I think you guys are jealous of the new cat. The new 800 sled looks bad a**!

LOL, I agree, the new cats look F'ing BAD A*SS!!!!
Give cat credit for coming out with a brand spankin new sled, these things look mean!

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Bad *** Cat. Way to break the mold! I'm super impressed with the ballz cat had to come out with a new linup like this. I'll be waiting a year so the bugs get ironed out, but if all goes well, that all white one looks pretty sick. I love turbos! I hope these bad boys go through the snow like M, but are comfortable like an XP. SAWEEET!

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
Look im not on any side. Iv loved cats my whole life but you have to look at the facts. The RMK pro could be a better bet. Riding one is somewhat comparable to riding a dirt bike. Yes I'v rode one. Weight is a huge deal when you are in the steep and deep and so is design. Look at a pro, Its nimble and front on view looks somewhat like a triangle. Look at the new cats anyone one of them and they are fat. Nimble helps in the trees and it helps in the pow. Lets just say less drag and tighter maneuverability between trees.

Why is everyone in such a twist over HP and weights not being posted? This is a brand new chassis that NOBODY has seat time on. The 2011 Pro RMK is by most counts an excellent sled, and that is owed to its ability to get on top of the snow and its agility... but it ONLY MAKES 143hp! OMG! You guys probably buy diesel trucks based on horsepower too.

You want to talk about lower horsepower? Look at the M7 when it came out. 130 hp. Everyone dogged it then and was mad because there was no 800 untill they couldnt beat it on the hill. Then they wanted one.

Scuba your bash with diesel trucks makes no sence. You just cant compare a diesel to a gas any day. Besides diesels arn't about horsepower they're about toque.

blackcat I dont think you know what the hell you're talking about. Weight does matter and you would know that if you've ever been in the deep

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
I think some of the best things are being overlooked here: by adding the torque bar, the clutches will finally stay lined up, less need to rebuild them, less blown belts, less broken motor mounts. By putting the shocks more in line with the steering post angle the rider will feel a lot less arm pound, able to put more miles on before getting tired. For all you weight cry-babies, try riding around all day on a Nytro, you'll be crying for your "heavy" arctic-cat back in no time.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I WAS TOLD THE WEIGHT OF THE NEW M1100T WAS 60LBS OVER LAST YEARS M8 NOT M1000. SO THAT IS 460+60=520 THAT WAS THE SELLING POINT THEY ARE THE SAME WEIGHT AS THE M1000s:wave::nod:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
yeah the sleds look awesome but I'm kinda pissed off they didn't publish dry weights either.

However, I wouldn't expect the M8 to be heavier than it was the last year ... I think the 153 was like 466-lbs advertised dry weight right?

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
800 HO

It appears the 800 Ho is the same as the 2010 and 11, that is the best two stroke engine ever built for a sled.

We need the four strokes to work out for Cat so they are able to meet the EPA standards, so we can continue to ride the 800 2 stroke for a few more years.

Not real sure about the looks, but can not wait to check one out in the snow.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and 80 lbs. heavier than the 1000 with only an additional 12 hp. Does not compute. 80lbs. Grrr

You live in Colorado and make this statement? A piped M1000 (w/o a warranty) makes what, 150hp at the most up here? Compared to a stock sled with a warranty putting out 27hp more up here. More moving parts equals more weight and unless they make the entire engine out of titanium then I don't see a 4 stroke with a turbo ever getting anywhere close to 2 stroke weight. Just not gonna happen. I give Arctic Cat a thumbs up for getting the 4 stroke weight on the new chassis ~80-100lbs lighter than a Yammi 4.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
From my extensive time studying the pics on this forum, I can say without a doubt, that the new Arctic Cats will be terrible. And I have a degree in "Picture Studying" form the university of "I Spend Too Much Time Talking Out My A.S.S" so there's not even any need to actually ride them. Boo to AC for introducing a complete new line up without first consulting with ever dumb schmuck on this forum that probable couldn't ride their way out of wet paper bag.

Lets all get on the hater train.

YA,,,, WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowblind

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
los angeles
www.mtnX.com
impossible to weigh the same as a 2 stroke. my 11 on the scale m8sp was 476 no fuel. the 4 stroke will easily be 80 pounds heavier with epa muffler.

the polaris is great, just cant be broken down with pto end failures every 10 rides. I have two friends with rmk pros down due to crank. one is a pro rider and it is his movie sled. If you ride it, it will break. period. not some not certain ones, all of them will fail if you ride it. I would have done a pro last year if the motor had been updated.
Too bad we are all forced into this 4-stroke corral. eventually they will convince us that weight and reliability is good. I would rather run my turbo m8 and rebuild it yearly than to have an extra 100 lbs riding around on the nose of my sled with me. I dont like chains and cross-shafts robbing power with innefficient energy redirection, but who am I to argue with the money savings achieved by taking black diamond out of the equation?

I think Arctic Cat has done a great job and the new prowler is sweet too.
I would love the M1100T for free for a year to test and report on. :)

Premium Features