• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Catalyst 858

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I rode my 21 Alpha this last weekend after mostly been on my 9R all season. It felt so low compared to the 9R. I hated it. Does the Catalyst feel higher up than the Acender chassis? My 9R feels like a tall slender girl with a small butt, as where the Ascender was a short gal with a wide rear end. When I put my legs over the boards for the first time on my 858 it better be love at first sight or I'll really be reluctant to close the deal.
I haven't been on a 858 or a 9R, but spent a couple of days on the 600. It feels significantly narrower and a little higher than my Alpha. As mentioned previously, the seat is quite a bit firmer as well. I have mixed feelings on the seat firmness. I do sit down on the trials because I'm an old man and want to conserve energy (and my knees) for when I get on the mountain;)

R
Feb 26, 2008
I rode my 21 Alpha this last weekend after mostly been on my 9R all season. It felt so low compared to the 9R. I hated it. Does the Catalyst feel higher up than the Acender chassis? My 9R feels like a tall slender girl with a small butt, as where the Ascender was a short gal with a wide rear end. When I put my legs over the boards for the first time on my 858 it better be love at first sight or I'll really be reluctant to close the deal.
Going from a Catalyst to a Matryx feels like youre stepping onto a Pro.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
More comfortable to stand or sit vs 9r. Seat is same height off floor but cat tunnel is an inch or so deeper. Seat is hard. Waay more comfortable to sit on and 25 polaris will be another inch lower. Shorter people might think seat is an inch too high. Also narrower up front.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The catalyst is the smallest feeling sled, big step in the right direction.
Said it years ago, the laydown motor has most potential for making the front end way smaller and I guess they read my post lol. 😝. If you’ve ridden a helium kitted cat it’s hard to go back to a stock body but honestly didn’t think the ascender is that fat, still better than a lynx or G4.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’ve never been on any sled and saw it as a woman’s behind.
Plus, wouldn’t that be her shoulder view and gas caddy area her behind?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I’ve never been on any sled and saw it as a woman’s behind.
Plus, wouldn’t that be her shoulder view and gas caddy area her behind?
Depends on your preferred riding position!

At haydays after I was standing on the Catalyst I walked 50' over to a 155 9r in the Polaris booth and stood on it. Catalyst was much smaller feeling and noticably easier to rock from side to side.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I was impressed enough with the 600 and how easy it is to ride that I pulled the trigger on a 858. Probably will do just a couple of mods, lithium battery, the Cat hardcore running boards and maybe a Diamond S quiet can if Scott decides to make a Ti can for the 858. It's going to be a long summer!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Jaws twins, high comp head, nitrous, drop brackets…she pulled.

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Go check out cc web page, they are listing the new cat ac5s shock for 276$ a piece or less!
So basically you could build the base Into the snopro and be under the msrp of the snopro. Not sure if misprint on there end or that’s the price but seems cheap to get all 4 for 1100$

IMG_0449.jpeg

Premium Features