• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Catalyst 858

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Holly crap I just called my dealer and he’s ordered 28 different sleds today!
The cheap black sled is only 154x2.6 and I wanted a 165 so I didn’t check that price!
Sno pro 165x3 elect start with cat three position shicks 18293
With gauge 19500
Said they told him he’d get everything he ordered this week. So I guess if you want one….better call Saul! Maybe a 154x2.6 wouldn’t be to bad lol. Only blacked out sled is 154 (sure you k re that)
The black base model comes with a 154x3 track according to the website.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Chart in early order thread shows a black es.

I thought the 600 was all you could handle a day or two ago?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah iam not buying just what I like as far as looks. Iam going to ride this one till it breaks or I magically get good lol. I just have a good relationship with the dealer so I thought I’d check . Like my buddy says ,”you don’t need more power you need more skill!” Bwahaha!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
My 165 snow pro with no accessories was $17something. It's too much thats why I didn't ask for specifics.
In wyoming
He was kinda trying to convince me into the gauge but I'm absolutely not interested.
I've had three mountain cats and really like that line but already have a blue cat. Plus it's nice to represent the cat green when a guy can

P
Dec 15, 2018
The new small gauge is kinda not that great. I suppose it shows you most everything but it’s allways fogged up and it’s a bar read out for heat which lots complain about. The condensation inside it seems wrong. Get condensation inside the headlights too. I dunno what that actually means or how but the gauge isn’t even as good as the older ones on ascenders. It takes up less room I guess. We lost a guy on Sunday and spent a lot of time finding him stuck and it was worrisome. Sure everyone ms been good all this time without gps and tracker but it would be really nice to have and eventually it will save a life.

P
Dec 15, 2018
the new gauge isn’t all that great, you may want to see the new big gauge if you can and rethink it? Mines allways fogged up and guys complain about the heat readings not in degrees just bars like in a phone battery. I think the “black” 165 MAYBE called black because the tunnel is black? Some have blue seats and black tunnels. The solid black one is the prettiest lol! Skidoo’s are ugly but Polaris’s are pretty sharp too just the guys who ride them are loud lol! Bwahaha!

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Then you better to tell those dumbasses they marked it an 858.
Or you could recognize that when people are talking about the "black" one they are referring to the base model, not the sno pro which is black AND green.

In the message your were responding to Pinchecharlie litterally said "all-black" and then you responded referencing a sled that is black and green.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
You are so right.
We should all recognize as well that there is no true “black” sled as those dumbasses keep putting red taillights on.🙄

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I would of ordered the fancy gauge if I wasn't the only one with it. It's useless when your the only cat.
I keep saying someone needs to invent a keychain size unit that emits the frequency for all three sled brands to read. chit I'd buy four and hand em out.
The majority of people aren't on new iron, but usually one guy in the group is.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
I would of ordered the fancy gauge if I wasn't the only one with it. It's useless when your the only cat.
I keep saying someone needs to invent a keychain size unit that emits the frequency for all three sled brands to read. chit I'd buy four and hand em out.
The majority of people aren't on new iron, but usually one guy in the group is.

Since tread says it tracks dogs guessing the g8 should too? Plus can give your buddies a little tingle if they venture a bit too far. Lol

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
You say’n poo and doo riders are bitches? 😂

Jokes aside I keep trying to read up and figure out garmins group track and group ride. Some of the tracking works with just an app on your phone and cell signal, some devices like even the watches track with a radio signal i believe. Im trying to figure out because I think/hope my garmin Montana gps will link to the new gauge.

Anyone with a tread have any experience with how the tracking works with different garmin products?

I haven’t looked into it too hard since I cant find much in the way of specs on the new G8. Is cats website down? I keep having issues getting on with my Iphone.

Premium Features