• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any suggestions for warm durable snowbike boots?

M
Jan 14, 2004
I used to wear hunting boots until my buddy hurt his ankle pretty badly wearing them when he clipped a log so I bought some real boots. Last season I hit a rock in the early season with my left foot. I was wearing my Velo Raids so instead of taking out my ankle it turned my whole leg and lower body. Boots for sure saved my ankle, it still hurt but didn't do any serious damage. If I had been wearing my Danners it would have torn my foot off. Now I feel naked without good boots.

M5

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
I'm not sold on the Klim Havoc boots. Two of my buddies I ride with are lucky to get a couple seasons out of them. I have the Havoc bibs and powerxross gloves and love them though.

I bought the Fly Racing Marker boot to tide me over because they didn't have the Klim Havoc in my size. Figured I'd get a pair when the cheap fly boots wore out. 3 seasons in and starting the 4th and they still look brand new. Definitely getting another pair just like them when these eventually crap out...or if I get sick of them. haha

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
I've had a pair of Klim Havocs for 3 or 4 years now. Haven't had any issues with warmth, and they feel like a solid platform. The pad that protects the boot from the shifting lever has separated and exposed the insulation though. I'll probably try to warranty them and if they won't repair them I'll be taking a look at some of the other options listed here... My feet run super cold so it seems like there's no way any of the non-winter-insulated enduro boots will work for me.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've had a pair of Klim Havocs for 3 or 4 years now. Haven't had any issues with warmth, and they feel like a solid platform. The pad that protects the boot from the shifting lever has separated and exposed the insulation though. I'll probably try to warranty them and if they won't repair them I'll be taking a look at some of the other options listed here... My feet run super cold so it seems like there's no way any of the non-winter-insulated enduro boots will work for me.
Shoe goo fixes that.

My son is wearing my 3 year old pair with a little fixing done on it.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I love shoe goo. It's amazing stuff. I took a log in the ankle really hard with my cheapo Arctiva boots and they felt like they took the hit as good as my sg12 moto boots. Not very scientific I know but they continue to impress.

Premium Features