• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another clutching question

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I have a Matryx 850 165 2.75 slash with Patrick’s carbon machined and balanced clutches, With about 900 miles on them since they came off my 2021z
Sled Has about 7 hours and 100 miles on it. SLP Blue pink primary/black purple secondary. 10-68s. Currently been riding lots of deep snow in McCall.

I am consistently tacking out at 7950-8000

Shouldn’t I be hitting 8100-8250 easily?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Do yourself a favor. Buy the TRS clutch kit. All problems solved and pulls like a bear.

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
If bone stock a clutch kit is the easiest to do but;
He already has a couple good springs(I assumed stock 42 Helix) so dropping weight to suit elevation is the most correct answer.
My 40 helix comment was just throwing another option incase he had one around.

Back story, I bought my Kid a 21 Khaos 155 and it was a dog! Turns out was a snow check not picked up and it was ordered with low elevation clutching. Never thought to check that???
It was the holidays so no dealers were open to get the right parts.
I put together a secondary I had on the shelf with a stiff spring and straight 40 to get us buy till we could get the correct stuff, plus a stock 800 primary spring.
It works so good its still like that!

Trouble with clutch kits are the guys are selling so they don't want to give there secrets and you never really know your set up.
So he could conceivably be buying a clutch kit with the springs he's already running....

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
These secrets come at a cost there just trying to recover some expense. I have thrown away more springs and helix than I can count. I put new springs in both clutches every year regardless of miles that also give you a chance to clean and inspect. I never trust Manufactures to what’s in there. Trust but verify.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
TRS clutch setup is no secret. Everything is marked. If you want to copy it, you could easily. The price for everything you get.... Its not worth copying it.
Buy the kit. Follow the instructions to a T and no changes. And it works !!!!! I have tried alot of different clutching over the years in my Turbo and NA Polaris sled builds. Some of the other kits work well. But where they suffer is belt temps. TRS works and stays cool. So my $200.00 belt isnt like piece of chewing gum at the end of a big pull.

Last edited:

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
That’s a very stand up guy!
In the last 25 years I’ve bought one “kit” , nothing marked. I didn’t sleep until I figured out what was in it! Hahaha

Premium Features