• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
You do realize there won't be a single tree left standing in the forest from now on right?:eek::face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-hap

Just a little preview....OMG THIS BABY IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20110718_181308.jpg

IMG_20110718_181321.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I'm going to start a post titled "another 2 900's sure why not". Maybe it will be "
3 900 builds at once and I bet I still finish before Sean."

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Looking sick Sean, now you can hang with the big boys....just kidding. Keep up the good work, I cant wait to take that thing for a spin!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Looking sick Sean, now you can hang with the big boys....just kidding. Keep up the good work, I cant wait to take that thing for a spin!

thansk broseph...it will be sick for sure...youll have your turn on it, even though im pretty sure i never got a turn...hint hint!! ;)

Just don't let me pull the rope.

lol. your in dave..and since you helped fix it before, your swing a leg over it when its done for sure...plus....it gives a reason to hang with your bros (me and andrew) and party it up!! LETS DO IT....

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
thansk broseph...it will be sick for sure...youll have your turn on it, even though im pretty sure i never got a turn...hint hint!! ;)

you never came to hang out...:face-icon-small-dis

lol. your in dave..and since you helped fix it before, your swing a leg over it when its done for sure...plus....it gives a reason to hang with your bros (me and andrew) and party it up!! LETS DO IT....

I dont even like to party...or ride sleds...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok, so after a LONG process...and tonz of nickel and diming its coming together, lol.

i REALLY wanted to take this build serious, well i always do on my builds, but since ive only ridden a turbo sled once (thanks to my Team Thunderstruck buddies, lol) and i HAD no idea what it takes to build a Turbo, i took a year to learn it and slowly piece is all together...

First a HUGE thanks to Dan Jones (DMJ1 on the forum) for the custom made Boost Box, exhaust down pipe, and oil tank..he made them for an 05 900 chassis, which is close to the 06, but not a simple bolt in part, so after some tweaking they are flipping AWESOME.

i have every part either installed, waiting to go on, or in the mail FINALLY...so hoping by mid Dec, it will be DONE...and ready to ROCK!!

I installed a SICK ArcticFX hood wrap, thanks to Jordan..

orders and modified a stock 2013 Pro-R Switchback Assault seat cover...took lots of pulling and tweaking but looks killer.

found out my buddy Bill at Mountain Fot Hoods makes a gauge lifter for the IQ hoods, so super stoked and snagged one of them babies.

will post some engine pics soon, just waiting till i get some time to powder coat my charge tubes, hood hinge, and intake snorkel tube.

got SLP domes to run pump fuel as well. But will run 100% AVGAS 100LL at 12lbs ;)

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
T9

Looks great Sean!!!

Sure brings back some memory’s for me lol!

What an obsession these sled are ..:face-icon-small-hap

Once you go boost.. you will never ever what to ride a NA sled again..lol!!

If you break down or need av gas you will find yourself going through the closet looking for stuff to sell to support your addiction !!!

Good luck! Dan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well after i finished building this monster, i took it to wok to run up some heat cycles and finsih up a few things and have been fighting ever since..

long story short...for future reference for you guys...

the sled would idle fine..then found out the handwarmes and control housing switch didnt work..ok no big deal..

then i noticed the oil pressure gauge for the external oil pump for the turbo didnt work..meaning no oil pressure to the $1000 turbo...NOT good..thank god i installed an inline oil pressure gauge..

sled was only putting out 10.5 vdc, all my other sleds were putting out 13.5vdc....and when i start the sled, it would spike up to 4psi on the oil gauge and then back to 0psi (and show 12 vdc on the voltmeter), shut off sled and it would spike to 4 psi again on the gauge (and show 12+ vdc on the voltmeter)..then back to 0psi

when i would hook up a 12 vdc battery to the electrical test port on the wiring harness, the oil pump would pump 4psi on the gauge and remain stable until power was removed..

i had a stator rebuilt by RM Stator in Canada and its basically brandnew now with 1yr warranty...so figure it was ad (since it was originally fried before the rebuild)..so i switched the stator out...which isnt bad normally, but when the turbo is there and done..its HUUUUGGGEEE PINA!!!!

new stator in, no change...switched VR out...no change...found some bad connections and cut wires IN he wiring harness...switched harness...no change, switched chassis relay..no change...installed new grounds...no change...unplugged everything from handlebars...no change..changed ECU..no change

i have at least 40 hours of ohm-ing wires, cleaning wires, testing, switching parts...

then figured i switched out everything except 1 thing...but didnt think it was affecting my low voltage issue...and BAM its perfect now..everything is great..

what was it you ask...

well, i added 12vdc from a battery and charged the capacitor (for 10 seconds per the manual), the voltage is suppose to SLOWLY discharge the power when the sled shuts off and power is no longer applied..no specifics per the manual on amount, just slowly...but around 1vdc per 8-10 seconds...well my capacitor would discharge 12 volts in prolly 15 seconds...

switched out capacitor and WALLA...consistent oil pressure, no voltage spikes and no gauge flickering...

the capacitor holds 1-13vdc to supply power to the fuel pump on initial startup, then maintains the 13+ vdc to supply voltage to the fuel pump, and all electrical components at a CONSTANT power since t he stator and VR do not supply a constant voltage across the boards, rather fluctuating between 9-15 vdc.

So...f you have charging issues, and the gauges, lights flicker..if the chassis relay is good, it IS the capacitor...(i should say, i never looked at the analog charging meter on the gauges, wish i would have, but like i said i didnt think it was related so never bothered to look before.

2. my head light flickered cause the hood harness had a pshed in pin.

3. my handwarmers didnt work cause there was a brown grounding wire in the wire loom that went no where.

4. the conrol housing didnt work case there was another ground wire that went no where, which i assume went to the handwarmer ground that was missing.

i have to finish the chassis wiring harness now (tie in the A/F gauge, EGT gauge in to the accessory port for power), do my ski alignment, and put in a straight 46ER helix in the secondary and i am good to go, i will have it dne this coming week and have it on the snow FINALLY on next sat..

just in time to get a few SIIIIICK rides on the this beast to tune it and feel the power of a 900 turbo, then park it for my 1 yr in korea... :( but will continue to rip it up when i move to Anchroage Alaska after korea

ride on...thanks for reading my CRAZY A$$ life, lol.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just wanted to share some amazing achievement i was offered.

i sent in some updated pics to Ice Age Mfg of the sled...they have a folder of my sled on their website and facebook page, along with a few other companies...so i wanted to share the latest condition of my 06 900 tubro project and share my "process"

well i recieved over 660+ likes on ice ages facebook from people WITHIN 12 hours and several awesome compliments....which in itself was a great feeling.

then got a comment from a guy stating he wanted to put my turbo 9 in his calander..i was like...WHAT?? heck yeh. lol.

well come to find out he was serious and wanted to see how we could make it happen..

he works at Axxxtion Sports in Wisconsin, and they make Sick Calenders with Impressive ladies and Better sleds, lol..(which if your a sledder you have seen their work already) here is their website

http://axxxtionsports.com/

however, there is no way i could make it happen since i am currently in South Korea for the next year, then move directly to Anchorage Alaska...so a detour to WI just isnt possible...but one of the most amazing compliments i have recieved to date.

when i get to AK...i will be re-duing the 06 RMK 700 i have to a full Raw chassis conversion and VERY different then anything you have ever seen ;)

also have another 06 RMK 700 that is in boxes (literally) that will be another "budget" sled, and will be similar to what i have now but not an average looking polaris scheme...

then i will do my own calander with all my own sleds (5 at that point) and bikes (on and off). LMAO...

just wanted to share with you guys, since you have all helped me in some way to get me "skills" where they are today.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I will be home in 45 days from korea...cannot WAIT to see this baby again...this must be what its like when you have kids and haven't seen them in a while...LOL

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Sean, my kids always ask "how much further is it", when we are going places. Grandmas is 1.5 hrs, so it's 3 Sponge Bobs away. You only have, 2160 more Sponge Bob's left to go.

I didn't think you ever had it on the snow?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean, my kids always ask "how much further is it", when we are going places. Grandmas is 1.5 hrs, so it's 3 Sponge Bobs away. You only have, 2160 more Sponge Bob's left to go.

I didn't think you ever had it on the snow?

HAHAHA...ill start counting down the cartoons...lol.

yeh man, I got it on the snow technically 2x, prolly 40 miles max...the tuning is way off, AFR gauge is a super POS (innovative) and gonna switch control box to injectors connections from upper injectors to lowers and give that a shot.

the injectors is the one thing I don't get...Additude said to connect control box to upper injectors and Boondockers connects theres to the lower injectors (this is on the 2006 model only)...so kinda lost, lol.

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
The benefit of running off of the lowers is it gives the fuel more of a chance for atomization. Shouldn't change to much though.
With a turbo, one set is already tapped out on the top end. Polaris uses top or bottom more at different rpm. Cant remember which though. It would be nice to hook up to the set that polaris uses less at higher rpm so you would have more injector avaliable.
Also, start your tuning using the green blue mostly(boost fuel) this is the best way to start. Then fine tune everything else.
I see you have egts. Use them! Hold the sled at one rpm at a time starting from idle green mode first 0-1/4 throttle. Should run around 1000 degrees or 14 afr
Or 500 at idle. 14.8 afr
Yellow is the next mode. 1/4 -1/2 throttle fan the throttle through the yellow mode as you see it come on the box. 1000-1200 or 13 afr
The rest is green blue and a little red to fine tune.
12 afr at wot 1200 degrees depending on what the plugs look like at that temperature
This is all assuming you have a dobeck box and place it out where yoh can see it while your riding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Premium Features