• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
That sounds like a challenge to me. Now you have to go out there and make him eat his words.:face-icon-small-coo

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Hey, did anyone place bets on how long it would be before he crashed it? Word is it is crashed:face-icon-small-sho

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Posted these pics on the Presidents Day Weekend thread we had for our little trip...but its fitting to post it in here now too, haha.

heres a few pics of my sled after some sweet riding in Polson, MT with Dave (DiamondDave) and his buddy Zac, My best buddy Andrew (skisucca), and the Crokett brothers who are Professional Hillclimbers for Polaris...

slid down the hill with too much heat and had a head on with a tree...go figure...was doing about 5-10mph...

smashed in the SKINZ front bumper...but you can see it does its job WELL...zero bulkhead damage, and the bumper bent up and absorbed the impact...had to tape the HUGE gaps up to finish riding..

LUCKILY...the bumper took so much impact, it barely contacted the pipe, but it did get a small dent in it...but nothing that im worried about for now...will see what i can do with it in the summer by using the frozen water in pipe trick!

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

tried to bent the bumper out a little to get the hood to close and i put too much MAN on it and ripped off the cross bar...it was cracked half way on the other side, so it was already weak, lol...

and of coarse bent the heck outta the hood hinge, but i worked it a little to re-use it but its not perfect still, lol.

DSC00343.jpg

DiamondDave had an extra 09 front bumper that i got from him, and i even brought it with me to polson cause andrew needed it, and i ended up using it anyways, hahaha..

DSC00344.jpg

i also busted the RAW chassis hoop support bracket and it made the steering column "flop" around when i was riding, thank god it was on the way to the truck...tried to hold it with zip ties, but they broke still, lol...then we came up with a temp fix and used some "U" Bolts...and these babies worked AWESOME...its stronger then ever and ill just leave it this way till summer, re-weld the bracket and then continue to use the U bolts as a safe measure..

DSC00346.jpg

tried to get some climbing and stopped pretty quick, snow was DEEEEEEEEP lol...

DSC00347.jpg

so now let just say that my hood/side panels line up WORSE then EVER now, LOL....

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
It just wouldn't be you if you weren't breaking something!:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win

Glad to see the Skinz bumper did its job and slowed the impact rather than transferring it all into the bulkhead and chassis and possibly bending something more crucial.

Nice pics!

(just another reason I am not letting you anywhere near my sled in Revy!):face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap:clock:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I was In revelstoke a little over a week ago and on the last day, we were a LONG a$$ ways away from the truck in some EPIC pow, and i could tell my steering hoop was "loose", was trying to be gentle with it for the rest of the day so i could make it back to the truck, and figured i better check it out before i ride on thurs...

the stupid RAW hoop SUUUUUXXX...i busted the weld on the steering post support bracket in Polson a few weeks go, then busted the hoop in half in Revy...

i am seriously considering putting the OEM 06 steering hoop back on this summer, and modding the FNI HiFLo Stirrup vents to that hoop...the 900 stering hoops are WAY stronger then the RAW ones by far...

IMG_20110315_153606.jpg

IMG_20110315_153555.jpg

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
I was In revelstoke a little over a week ago and on the last day, we were a LONG a$$ ways away from the truck in some EPIC pow, and i could tell my steering hoop was "loose", was trying to be gentle with it for the rest of the day so i could make it back to the truck, and figured i better check it out before i ride on thurs...

the stupid RAW hoop SUUUUUXXX...i busted the weld on the steering post support bracket in Polson a few weeks go, then busted the hoop in half in Revy...

i am seriously considering putting the OEM 06 steering hoop back on this summer, and modding the FNI HiFLo Stirrup vents to that hoop...the 900 stering hoops are WAY stronger then the RAW ones by far...

IMG_20110315_153606.jpg

IMG_20110315_153555.jpg

that poor little hoop just cant handle all your man-ness on it:pound:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
that poor little hoop just cant handle all your man-ness on it:pound:

you nailed it brother...im to beastly for these pigs, lol.

sean buddy I think you just break chit no matter what ! The evidence speaks for itself !:nod::loco:

AMEN brother..lol...gotta put it through the field tests first...which is every time i ride, LOL.

did you say full billet steering hoop?
I WANT ONE TOO!

HELLZ yeh...dont get me started on more billet :face-icon-small-coo...Kreg already has the deed to my house, and my first born ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
been getting out and sledding a little the last few weeks...been dealing with some personal stuff and its a nice break away from it all..

last weekend i had a short in the stator wiring harness rubbing on the steering column (at least i think that was the problem)...switched stators and she is running MUCH better then before, VERY crisp...used to get a hesitation/miss every now and then but not anymore...so may have been slowly going out...

also...long story short, a friend helped me out with a new skid setup...

Timbersled Mtn. Tamer...guy had it on a skidoo, and said it was for an IQ..and didnt work out for his sled...i eventually paid $180 out of pocket after some trades/ebay sales ;) (WHICH I STILL NEED TO COME UP WITH SO WE ARE EVEN, lol)

during the install, i found out the upper idler wheel cross shaft was for a skidoo, so i switched the cross shaft with my stock shaft but the rear torque arm was for an IQ....then found out the front torque arm was for a skidoo cause it was 1" too wide but eveything else lined up perfect it was just too wide...so i trimmed 1/2" from the upper mount shaft and its a perfect fit now..and installed in minutes

Had to modify a Fit Kit bracket from a RAW 163 to make it work...redrilled the arm hole back, and VERY carefully modify the ice age rails to use the bracket so the measurements were correct..

the rail adapter doesnt match the rails of coarse, so i am thinking about having one custom made this summer to match the rails, and mount more securely...and maybe it will help Ice Age as well if they decide to sell the fit kit as well so guys with the standard rails like myslef wont have to get Timbersled specific rails if they upgrade their suspension at a later time ;)

of coarse i powder coated all the bushings/spacers, lol...cane out pretty sweet i think

IMG_20110326_231658.jpg

IMG_20110327_235304.jpg

IMG_20110402_135635.jpg

IMG_20110402_135707.jpg

i have all the weights written down at home that i will post in comparision to stock setup. and will do a complete sled comparision as well from stock to where my sled is now ;)

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
as the season is coming to a close, but i still have a few more rides left of the season...

here are some updates thats been going on with the last few weeks/months..

1. i am going through a divorce, money is SKETCH and ive been "getting out and staying busy" hence the reason i havent been on here much at all lately..but i am great considering...life is short...you can only make it better from now on!!

2. the sled has not had many major issues...lost a stator was all, swaped out and its ripping and tearing

3. the track was racheting SO BAD every time i rode and only seemed to get worse the more in the season i rode it...so i installed some AVID drivers and Ice Age anti-stab kit..which is a MUST AND A HUUUUUGE improvement...i will never own another sled without AVID drivers, put it that way...

4. i am on my 3rd busted front bumper (2 stock 09 OEM, and 1 Skinz 09 bumpers) ;)

5. i now have 4 busted spots on my steering column...i now knw what the RAW chassis guys constantly replace them..they suck...the 900 chassis hoop is MUCH stronger and i will be going back to that (and modding the side panel vents to that)

6. i climbed a few knarly pulls on this hill after my drivers were installed and after coming down the hill and smelling smoke..i realized i forgot to put the oil tank cap on...dumped about 2 qrts of oil ALL over my engine compartment...i was stoked when i saw that :( lol.

7. when i broke the chassis hoop, it also broke the metak tab that holds my oil tank/coolant bottles, so the coolant overflow hose metled againist my SLP pipe..."pretty bad", but should be able to chip it off...maybe, lol.

i am going to ride up at Polson Montana the 22-23-24 with my broseph Andrew (Skisucca) and hopefully diamonddave if he can make it...this will be my last "out of town" trip...but i have a few local trips to make yet...maybe 3-4 max...

after i am done riding, i will be doing a complete "wet" weigh in on the sled...i am hoping i have the record for the lightent RMK 900 166 in the world...which i am very comfident in having , lol...

after that, i will start the TURBO project and should be completed with that by Aug/Sept for sure....then i go to Iraq OCT (but only for 2 months, so not complaining)...i also need ot finsih my 05 975 build...which will be easy, just need the time...

and then start the "next" 05 RMK 900 166 build this summer as well..which is the "buddy rider"...more on that later ;)

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just a quick update on this baby since its been a while.

--got some of my turbo parts over the last 8 months when i had money, would sell something and stick it aside to put towards it.

--still need to get an AEM A/F gauge ($150), Turbo Smart 1:1 Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator ($150) and Boondockers style small Oil pump ($120) and have the SLP domes machined ($150) for the turbo...

--need to get charge tube material...still debating to use Steel or Aluminum for that, and orange vacuum lines, lol

--never got a chance to weigh my sled to see where i was at before my turbo stuff, but im sure i can get it before im finished with the turbo and then ill do a "after mod" weight and after "turbo build" weight

--motor is in the mail to Indydan for a TM1 crank...its a long story on this, but lets just say i got dumped on hard for my other "plan" and dan graciously is helping me out. so sincere thanks to him as always..

here is the parts my buddy built for me (minus the turbo of course) , i couldnt have asked for anything nicer quality...he really went above and beyond on these parts...AMAZING!!

PART_1310576051706-1.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features