• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Announcing Hawkfest East - Lake Placid, NY

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
fees

i don't mind paying for a permit or pass as long as i can get it in advance( threw internet or something) so i don't waste any precious riding time. i was anticipating some kind of fee,no such thing as a free lunch in this world.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Correction of dates!!

Hawkfest East is March 12-14th, not the 11-13th.

Also, I have comfirmation that the area we will be in is not the within the area of "Old Forge", therefor, no additional trail fee over the $100 that covers the rest of the state of NY.

Hoping for my frist attempt at riding a Hawk this Thursday.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Speaking of momentum, Hawkfest East doesm't seem to have any.

Other than my own group of Twoski friends from Conn, only one person has called to book lodging and NO ONE has called to book the Bobsledding.

Additionally, I've not received one check for the T-shirts. Presently, I've spent $375 to buy the shirts. They haven't gone in for printing yet, so I could still return them to Walmart.

Charlie's can't continue to hold their entire facility for us indefinately.

How much longer do I hang here like this before pulling the plug on the event?

G
Aug 18, 2009
Vermont
It would be nice to find a place that would grant a temporary 15 day pass like they do in Canada. Im not sure if they do that at any local trails around here but I thought that for out of stater's you could get some type of temporary pass here in Vermont.

G
Aug 18, 2009
Vermont
I just checked with a local club and VAST will sell 5 day temporary passes here but they recommend that they dont sell them until there intended to be used. Not saying you want to move Hawkfest East to Vermont but New York may have some type of deal like this.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
There are several new Hawk riders that may not have seen this. Hope we get more Hawks. So far it's looking like 7 Hawks, 17-20 sleds and maybe an explorer or two.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
riding in ny

tug hill gets the most snow and there are hundreds of miles of groomed trail. very long riding season... western ny(buffalo) its more like harescramble riding, tighter woods trails, rolling hills, but usually lacking snow, so its icy most of the time. im sure its gets pretty good farther north and east toward vermont etc...

Premium Features