• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ahtanum

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Not if you have to travel very far. Barely enough snow to unload in the parking lot and not much good snow up high. It's very wind blown an inconsistent, hard in one spot and 15" of soft in another. You can get up the middle fork but first 3 miles are rocks and ice and north fork rocks and ice for many miles.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Not if you have to travel very far. Barely enough snow to unload in the parking lot and not much good snow up high. It's very wind blown an inconsistent, hard in one spot and 15" of soft in another. You can get up the middle fork but first 3 miles are rocks and ice and north fork rocks and ice for many miles.
thanks for update. so it sounds like we shouldn't go.

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland

That bad huh? No glimmers of hope for those who know where to look? Well I guess we gotta take the bad with the good. Damn responsibilities always getting in the way ?

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
A guy can find ok snow in the shaded areas and trees, it's worth going if you live within an hour or less but definitely would not travel very far to ride there. I live in Kennewick so about two hours away but ride there almost every weekend and I would have probably stayed home or went elsewhere had I known. We found ok snow but not great.

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
A guy can find ok snow in the shaded areas and trees, it's worth going if you live within an hour or less but definitely would not travel very far to ride there. I live in Kennewick so about two hours away but ride there almost every weekend and I would have probably stayed home or went elsewhere had I known. We found ok snow but not great.

I am driving up from West Richland. The only time I miss living in West Valley. Oh well, we'll make the best of it. ?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
that sucks about the sled! any new reports on the snow! how bad is it from the snow park to the snow? should I put on my spring skis ?
Gate is open on middlefork.
U have to drive up the icy gravel rd to the snow. Do not drive past whites ridge rd, u will get a ticket.
I wouldn't tow a trailer up there unless u chain up and can disconnect the trailer and turn it around by hand.

Sent it

Premium Features