• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AC 800-900 in pro chassis?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Me too, and maybe a bit pissed lol.

It`s s**t like this that makes you want to rip apart a perfectly fine sled and start again.

Nice builds with so much not seen in the pics.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
You guys!!!!!!!

There are boondocker controllers for both the 800 and 900 EFI. Also, aren't there some that just go right on the injectors? Those should be pretty universal.

We are doing the 975 big bore with a single in the Dragon (carbed). One of my buddies is doing a stock 900 EFI, and he actually had more trouble with clearance than we did. Throttle bodies are wider than the carbs.

The only issues I have with the 1150s and bigger are finding parts for them. That's mostly why we've stuck with the 975s. No current stock motor (non-turbo) feels even close, and parts are easy to come by.

You might be able to use some angled carb boots, to help with clearance.

Why do I listen? I've been missing my 975 and now you bring that up again.
I can only imagine how fun a Pro would be with a real engine. Are you still using that same porting?

Owen

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Same porting. We've opened up the squish a little to help with the head gasket problem. Still working well. You going to make it out here this year?

Premium Features