• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A fix for broken hood tabs

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
ttt

Just getting this thread back to the front since the start of the season is around the corner and many are tuning up their sleds.

This is a great product. Look at the pics and see for yourself.

And no, I don't have them...............yet.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Almost $50 seems a little steep at first glance, but compared to a new, or even used hood, all of a sudden that doesn't look too bad.
Plus they're reuseable. If you trash the hood, you can keep them for the next broken tabs or sell them to someone else with busted tabs.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Wow........:)

I am glad to hear everyone that purchased a set is happy. I am still making them, I was going to try and get some done in time for the Denver Snow Show, just ran out of time as I didnt get a shipment of hardware.

I will have a limited number ready next week. As demand changes throughout the seaon I will look at making some more. I am working on some options to get the cost down, but like anything in limited quantity its more labor intensive.

The only thing I see wrong with them is a sharp edge where the rubber would pull down. Looks great otherwise!

To a degree, that was intentional. The inner edge is lightly polished to help hold the rubber strap. The edge is clean and far from "sharp" but the goal was to prevent the rubber strap from easliy coming free. The straps on my sled dont show any signs of wear, if it's a concern I can chamfer them for customers that wish.

I have changed the method of finish slightly and added some minor changes. The fit and finish have not changed, just took some of the edge off them.

Heres a few

HoodTabs003.jpg

HoodTabs002.jpg

HoodTabs001.jpg

Have a safe season, Charles

Last edited:
Premium Features