• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Khaos always takes a few pulls to start?

P
Jan 10, 2021
2021 khaos 850
800 miles
Ves extreme oil

This sled always takes 3-5 pulls to start. It doesn’t matter if it has old or new plugs, has been sitting 15 minutes or 15 days or months.

I’ve seen other posts of many people having the same issue, but I haven’t seen any posts of what the “fix” is. Has anyone diagnosed this on their sleds? Thanks

S

SLAZYH

Sep 18, 2020
What's the problem? It starts, right? My 21 Khaos takes a couple pulls too. Big deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I agree it is a problem. In my 2019 I believe I have the latest flash and it is ok but some times after running and being parked for 10 minutes it is a bear to start. My shoulders and back aren't sore from riding as much as pulling it over. Really ridiculous.

C
Jan 14, 2020
2021 khaos 850
800 miles
Ves extreme oil

This sled always takes 3-5 pulls to start. It doesn’t matter if it has old or new plugs, has been sitting 15 minutes or 15 days or months.

I’ve seen other posts of many people having the same issue, but I haven’t seen any posts of what the “fix” is. Has anyone diagnosed this on their sleds? Thanks
Gotta charge up the system capacitors I think. If I pull mine short and slow it takes 4-5. If I do 2 hard, full length pulls the second usually starts it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It’s a 19-21 850 fuel injection system weakness.

Happens on every one I have ever seen or ridden. (A serious pull on the rope with a crack of the throttle does make for one pull starts warm most of the time)

The 18-21 800 seems to start easier than the 850’s.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It’s a 19-21 850 fuel injection system weakness.

Happens on every one I have ever seen or ridden. (A serious pull on the rope with a crack of the throttle does make for one pull starts warm most of the time)

The 18-21 800 seems to start easier than the 850’s.
Unfortunately, this is what I have seen.

D
Nov 17, 2008
Unfortunately, this is what I have seen.
Yes it seems to be a problem. I have a 21 Khaos but luckily it is electric start. When cold it sometimes takes 5 sec or longer to start when cranking with electric starter. When warm it takes 2-4 seconds to fire off. I have found that when cold you are best to crank 1-2 seconds then stop and then wait 1-2 seconds and retry and usually it fires instantly. If I was having to crank this thing by hand I would really be complaining to Polaris. I have been riding for more then fifty years and have never seen a worst sled for starting !

C
Jan 14, 2020
2021 khaos 850
800 miles
Ves extreme oil

I’ve seen other posts of many people having the same issue, but I haven’t seen any posts of what the “fix” is. Has anyone diagnosed this on their sleds? Thank

check your spark plug wires. some of them are turning to dust or getting broken wires really fast.

Billrmk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2002
Newport,WA
Have your dealer look at the SSA-21-01 Power Boosting Regulator UPDATE! Just had my 19 in for problem with gauge going black. Gauge still goes black but the sledstarts better.

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
3-4 pulls cold for me. Then one pull the rest of the day. I found as I get tired towards the end of the day it takes more pulls, but it’s just me not pulling the cord as far. Once I make sure to give it a full pull it fires on one every time. Even stepping off the sled and giving it a left hand pull helps sometimes.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
is there a fix for having to hold the throttle to start
Yep it’s cost 16000 bucks and it’s called a matrix I have my dealer trying to figure it out I have a 21 Kahos that don’t like to start and don’t run clean on the bottom like the new matrix NA. It’s pissing me off

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I watched a sledding friend of mine a couple weeks who has the latest and greatest update, he also yanked the rope 3 times before it fired. If I hold my throttle at about 1/8", pull once and get a blubber, I can then let go of the flipper and it will usually start on pull 2. Don't hold the flipper and pull continuously it will flood beyond hope.

Premium Features