• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Rumors

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Im wondering how much longer the industry will sustain itself.
To many liberals that have no interest in these hobbies and anything to do with the suck, squeeze, bang cycle engines we all love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my town, the liberals are all recession proof. Which means their builders are relatively recession proof. I still think people like financing when the rates are good and are willing to hold onto what they have when the rates aren't.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I feel like the high compression and lw crank on the 9R are issues for boost. I don’t really understand why everyone thinks that is the next step, it doesn’t make sense to me. Making the current boost work the way it should is what people should want ?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Burandt has a 34 front end on his fox haydays sled. I bet we will see that next year. Polaris needs to take a step back and just improve reliability and runability of their current offerings. Ski-doo needs to follow suit and nice to see Cat wake up for 2025. Really don't need some new product offering every season, can't get a current sled to last a season. For the price we pay it's a little ridiculous.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Polaris might as well just take the 2025MY off from producing snowmobiles... to sell all the backlog of inventory rotting on dealer lots, and to finally get their quality dialed.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Burandt has a 34 front end on his fox haydays sled. I bet we will see that next year. Polaris needs to take a step back and just improve reliability and runability of their current offerings. Ski-doo needs to follow suit and nice to see Cat wake up for 2025. Really don't need some new product offering every season, can't get a current sled to last a season. For the price we pay it's a little ridiculous.
I thought that a 34” front end was only a gimic skidoo needed. Guess it will be great now that polaris does it.?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Absolutely, wasn’t long ago 38 was fine then 36. The 34” on doo does help a lot, initiation is effortless.
Yes, but kind of like the historic doo weakness, the easier it is to get on edge, the easier it comes off that edge.

Polaris is a knife, and doo is still a spatula.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I put a 34 front end on one of my boosts last year. I initially didn't like it and almost took it back off, but decided to leave it on and see if I'd get use to it. By the end of the year, I didn't want to ride the 36 front end anymore on my other sleds. As was mentioned, it comes up on edge easier than a 36. But the sweet spot of keeping it on edge is smaller and it can get away from you faster. I learned to like it and will be putting 34s on all my sleds this year

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I put a 34 front end on one of my boosts last year. I initially didn't like it and almost took it back off, but decided to leave it on and see if I'd get use to it. By the end of the year, I didn't want to ride the 36 front end anymore on my other sleds. As was mentioned, it comes up on edge easier than a 36. But the sweet spot of keeping it on edge is smaller and it can get away from you faster. I learned to like it and will be putting 34s on all my sleds this year
34" sounds like a great option for smaller or less strong riders, who might struggle to get the poo on edge (esp compared to the doo with t mo which is like automatic transmission for getting the sled on edge). Or those who don't want to put in as much effort to get their sled to respond.

It will be fascinating to see how narrow snowmobiles get in the next decade or two. At some point one would think it's a happy medium of lots of HP in a chassis a little wider than a current moto/snow bike chassis. We keep moving toward the moto position for riding (becuase it's most efficient).

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Have you ever tried to keep a knife on edge? Polaris is a doctor with a precision medical knife skidoo is a murderer with a machete.

The G5 handles similar to the matrix chassis now. I can jump on a Polaris and actually feel comfortable on it, G4 to a Polaris was a different animal to me, and I did not enjoy riding someone else’s sled, it not the chassis, it was me over riding it.

My only complaint with the G5 vs the Polaris, besides the vertical steering post, is the doos steering is still slightly twitchy.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
The G5 handles similar to the matrix chassis now. I can jump on a Polaris and actually feel comfortable on it, G4 to a Polaris was a different animal to me, and I did not enjoy riding someone else’s sled, it not the chassis, it was me over riding it.

My only complaint with the G5 vs the Polaris, besides the vertical steering post, is the doos steering is still slightly twitchy.

Better ski rubbers take 50% of the twitch out. I got to ride a bunch of different sleds this year aside from my personal g5 and I was comfortable on almost everything something not possible for me in years past. I preferred the matryx on hard snow and the g5 in the deep. My wish for 2025 is better reliability from both brands.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

I disagree… the Doo is better than its ever been, but still a fair amount of push and pull to keep it where you want it on edge, not a difficult push and pull, but just more of a balance thing vs the Polaris feeling like its right where you want it when on edge, and it stays there, very little input required.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
I keep hearing rumors of a 9r boost, thoughts? Especially after the continued Stop Ride Recalls, does anyone think they'll actually release one next year? Or ever? Any other rumors on changes/upgrades or fixes?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Would the crank hold up with a boost added? It's just the 650 crank in the 9R isn't it? I can't see a 9R boost until the 850na is no more.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I disagree… the Doo is better than its ever been, but still a fair amount of push and pull to keep it where you want it on edge, not a difficult push and pull, but just more of a balance thing vs the Polaris feeling like its right where you want it when on edge, and it stays there, very little input required.

Dunno about that, I have a expert but my shocks are revalved. Both the boost owner and I had the same opinion after swapping sleds.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Polaris might as well just take the 2025MY off from producing snowmobiles... to sell all the backlog of inventory rotting on dealer lots, and to finally get their quality dialed.

They wouldn't have a bunch of sleds sitting if they let dealers stock what we want.

For example, is there anyone that would buy a sled with a 2.75 now that we know the 3.25 is durable and doesn't trench as bad as the 3"?

Is there anyone who sees a 7s that then says no, I only want the pidd?

Premium Features