• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
If this 600 runs anything like the 06 M7, it will be a fun ass sled. I had so much fun on my M7, I never bought another M series sled. Not even the hotdog 10/11 M8.
That's a very good analogy !! M7 was a game changer.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
FWIW - I talked with the Tapios,

Ski shocks interchange with Ascender.

Same skid mounting points(twin rail swap)

I plan on using my 146" as my daily driver, we only average 400" of snow so most days are not deep, looking forward to making a ripper 600.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
FWIW - I talked with the Tapios,

Ski shocks interchange with Ascender.

Same skid mounting points(twin rail swap)

I plan on using my 146" as my daily driver, we only average 400" of snow so most days are not deep, looking forward to making a ripper 600.
Do the A-arms carryover?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I was reading in Snow-Tech, and they mentioned the "Left Hand Throttle Block".

I said ... "Wait - WHAT?"

But the vid shows that they are just being a bit loose with their wording I guess....

Sounds good!
Somewhat of a difference in listening to the engineer and not the salesman eh?
This guy's no Norona! LOL!

Lots of new ideas with the chassis and all.
Hopefully they prove to be reliable and not flimsy.

Reading the report in the magazine, and then seeing the engineer, that explained a bit on the upper timing belt location.
They must be puting the jackshaft out of C/L a tad bit on porpoise.
I wonder if they are using just a normal single / deep row ball bearing on the other side, and just loosen the keeper cap when adjusting the other side?
Or if it is one of those beer-barrel shaped dbl roller's that allow a country mile of miss-alignment?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I was reading in Snow-Tech, and they mentioned the "Left Hand Throttle Block".

I said ... "Wait - WHAT?"

But the vid shows that they are just being a bit loose with their wording I guess....

Sounds good!
Somewhat of a difference in listening to the engineer and not the salesman eh?
This guy's no Norona! LOL!

Lots of new ideas with the chassis and all.
Hopefully they prove to be reliable and not flimsy.

Reading the report in the magazine, and then seeing the engineer, that explained a bit on the upper timing belt location.
They must be puting the jackshaft out of C/L a tad bit on porpoise.
I wonder if they are using just a normal single / deep row ball bearing on the other side, and just loosen the keeper cap when adjusting the other side?
Or if it is one of those beer-barrel shaped dbl roller's that allow a country mile of miss-alignment?

Zac Herfindahl (pro XC racer) claims the Catalyst chassis maintains its rigidity and handling characteristics longer than the procross/ascender chassis did.

Cat jackshafts have been using the angular mis-alignment style bearings on both ends for a while now.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Only on the timeing bel;t driven units I suspect?

Be kind'a rough to git a good seal on a chain unit that way...

Nope. Been that way since 2012 on the chain case models. I've never heard of or seen one leaking from the jackshaft location either.

Side note on the running boards. I was a little worried that the composite ones would feel like they had a bunch of flex. Not the case on the one I swung a leg over. I'm 300lb and they felt pretty solid having the steel tube in the outer edge.

Last edited:

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i was thinking the multiple factory gear ratios would be faster to change than weights for different elevations. if you have it weighted for the mountains and want to ride at low elevation a bit put one of the higher gear ratios on, or if you run at 7k feet and make a trip to 10k put the lower ratio on. i heard in one video that there will be a lower than stock M600 gear ratio available.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
does the 600 have a motor plate? im not seeing how the 858 is lighter otherwise, i get that necked down jugs weigh more than pistons but the jugs and rods are longer on the 858 right..
they say the 858 sits lower so must be in the mounting system no?

Premium Features