• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Catalyst 600 weight, 536 elbows, e start wet, factory weight specs included

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
So a 170 hp 900 poo weighs 3# more with 15# more fluids on board than a 125hp 600 cat.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
We lost 3 gallons of gas so they could hit a number, f that.
Wet is 503, the 9r is 507 but still has a big fuel tank. So car is still way behind Polaris by over 10lbs.
Stupid.
And for sure not a 10% weight loss. Complete lie there,

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i think the new gauge is pretty nice compared to the old twin screen. Its not a 42 inch plasma but it displays the needed info well, and i noticed that the hand warmers have four settings thats going to be nice.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The Ascender to Catalyst weight loss sits at 7% currently 540 to 503 . If the 858 is 5 lbs less they are sitting at 9%. So not the 10% they claimed but close. Now the less fuel thing that is something most hadn't thought of I'm guessing. Up to release of the Catalyst all the info was 10.4 gallon tank then when the owners manual was posted it was 9.4. I don't know which it is but the math from wet to dry supports the 9.4. The only way to be certain is an owner to actually fill one at the pumps from empty. Either way it is a greasy way to promote a weight loss. This is a good example of where a dry weight would have be a better gauge, but it probably looked good on paper. The fuel isn't a 3 gallon difference but I do share the same frustration as WyoBoy 1000. It is 2.3 G or 1.3G depending on the Cataltst actual. 14 lbs or 8 lbs as compared to the Ascender rated amount. Personally I think we all need a good dump of snow and to just get out and ride that has a way of making things right!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Dry weight is ALL that matters, and it has ALWAYS been that way!

Otherwise it is a race to have the least amount of coolant, smallest gas tank, and smallest oil tank. Pure silliness!

Wet weight is just marketing "fuzzy math" that the heavier sled Mfgs. use to try to compete with the lighter sleds . . . . period!

The horse is dead. Maybe it is time to stop kicking it! :)

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
You had to read the 'fine print' - the 10% weight loss was on certain models. I could never get a rep to commit to the 10% on the mountain sled specifically. Regardless, it's still a big step as is, after doing very minimal in the weight department since the proclimb was released in 2012. Less weight is awesome, but if it folds like a tin can, then it's not worth it.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
my 154 with E start and the front shocks 80% stiff tips a hell of a lot easier than my 18 cat sitting on the same slab of concrete. if its like that in the snow which it should be im going to over ride for the first couple days. should be less of a workout. less weight and the weight is in a better place for balance and what not it seems. just need some f&%king snow.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah

Otherwise it is a race to have the least amount of coolant, smallest gas tank, and smallest oil tank. Pure silliness!

Wet weight is just marketing "fuzzy math" that the heavier sled Mfgs. use to try to compete with the lighter sleds . . . . period!

Yet your in every weight conversation on the planet! Call that kettle much?

Ol* Geezer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
I have always found it a real bitch to start and try to ride without any fluids in a sled.

Premium Features