• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Brakes

U
Nov 26, 2007
Think the 2024’s will have the brake stop ride flash?

If not will the rest of us get the mechanical upgrade like we should have in the first place not the computer programmed bandaid?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The brake flash really isn't a problem. The only time I have ever had it kick in is on a long hill decent when trying to keep the clutch engaged. Which really isn't a big deal. Just kill the sled and restart when you get done with the decent.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
The brake flash really isn't a problem. The only time I have ever had it kick in is on a long hill decent when trying to keep the clutch engaged. Which really isn't a big deal. Just kill the sled and restart when you get done with the decent.
:rolleyes: Not a big deal till you have to roost big up the hill. Oh just shut it down and restart the sled before you do. :rolleyes: What a great concept.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East

Yeah I guess.
Probably not a big deal to just let the sled stall itself for safety. Most annoying things are manageable, just go with it. Accept unacceptable stuff, it’s almost acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U
Nov 26, 2007
I find the flash to be an issue.

I don’t ride my brakes but there is so little play in the lever just barely touching it will trigger the brake light. I ride with a finger resting on the lever and it trips the brake light while I am by no means actuating the brakes or compressing the caliper.

If it was not a mechanical issue all along why the redesign for 24’ and why haven’t they put out a stop ride and re-flash for the 2011-2021 RMK’s??

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO

I don’t ride my brakes but there is so little play in the lever just barely touching it will trigger the brake light. I ride with a finger resting on the lever and it trips the brake light while I am by no means actuating the brakes or compressing the caliper.

If it was not a mechanical issue all along why the redesign for 24’ and why haven’t they put out a stop ride and re-flash for the 2011-2021 RMK’s??
Now that we aren't getting to ride as much deep powder the issue is fading - just the smallest amount of ice/snow buildup would cause mine to trigger and since I am not as good a rider as Chadly evidently, having my sled go into limp mode at the exact wrong time has caused some pretty big issues. I for one will be trying to get the 2024 brake update installed on my 22, assuming of course the parts are ever available.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
The choice is simple. Get a Polaris with the "tarded" limp/fail safe mode if you brake too much, but with brakes that will actually slow you down when they are applied, or get a BRP and pull the brake lever with more hope than expectation. I'm on a Doo now, but have had Polaris sleds in the past, and I will freely admit that Doo's/BRP's brakes are complete junk compared to Polaris'.
The Summit "Sponge lever" makes no one happy.....

I know the Doo ECU logs more or less everything, will an unplugged Polaris brake light switch result in "interesting" data the next time the sled is plugged in to the service computer? Will they notice and react to the fact that the rider "never brakes"?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

And you haven't filed off the business end of the lever yet? What are you waiting for?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
As I mentioned before I did not get the flash, simply installed an old style master cylinder off a Proride on my Matryx. They work good and won't break from a tree branch. Maybe a bit more ice collects in the parking brake but not a problem.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If filing off the brake lever worked why does Poo have a new retractable caliper and new rotor?
Because some seem to have enough clearance and others do not. If my sled had no squeeze play in the lever I would first check to see if my pads were clamped on the disc and if not then just shave down the lever. Be careful though as the brake light switch is delicate and can break when re-installing the lever, if you are not.

Premium Features