• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Intake

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Did I read somewhere that there is some sort of supplemental under hood intake on the 23s? I can’t find much on it. Wasn’t impressed with the 22 intake and would like to address this.

I am aware of charge tube collapse issues and sheetmetalfabs ebay fix, but wondering if the fire n ice underhood vent or something similar will help with it collapsing in the first place?

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
8f7f4087bb95842ca2e6f8af2912e9b2.jpg

They added this to the plenum. Works on pressure is spring loaded . From what I heard similar to what Doo uses but never verified. Faces towards the back of the sled .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Awesome! I hope it works well. My 2022 even with the vents people install on the front still bogs when the intakes are buried. 2023 shows this week so hoping it’s better

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Awesome! I hope it works well. My 2022 even with the vents people install on the front still bogs when the intakes are buried. 2023 shows this week so hoping it’s better

Yeah I don’t think it completely fixes it on the boost anyway . Maybe 9r but the turbski needs a lot more . Think the ibexx or fire n ice setup or some custom combo with this will though . Thats only one side still need to look at the exhaust too .

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I shattered the airbox on my 9R and when I ordered a new one they sent the old style without the check valve built in. Just make sure anyone ordering a new airbox they actually ship the one with the valve built in.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
New content from Chilly. Did pieces of your air box end up in your motor?

Another reason why the forum experts were right and I was wrong about the Boat Anchor before they even rode it. The TCCS Axys never had this issue.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
New content from Chilly. Did pieces of your air box end up in your motor?

Another reason why the forum experts were right and I was wrong about the Boat Anchor before they even rode it. The TCCS Axys never had this issue.
Not that I am aware of. I continued to ride it and had no issues. Currently running the old style of air box, waiting to get the correct updated one.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I shattered the airbox on my 9R and when I ordered a new one they sent the old style without the check valve built in. Just make sure anyone ordering a new airbox they actually ship the one with the valve built in.
Thats alright, my lynx is still on mountain out of gas. Nobody told be you have to pack gas. Doubled on a boost and thought he was going to run out. Good excuse to go again today

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It's that extra 1.7 gallons the Polaris holds that will get you home apparently...
Thank god. I thought we were going to be doing the heel toe express. Really sucks riding double. Would have sucked worse to walk. Took mountain max and gas siphon to get enough to run it down to trailer and fill with gas and oil and head up again. Longer seat worked better and then my buddy took his boost. Real treat to climb chutes and bomb holes double especially on an alpha rail.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
From my experience, this vent does not fix the problem

Yeah I don’t think it completely fixes it on the boost anyway . Maybe 9r but the turbski needs a lot more . Think the ibexx or fire n ice setup or some custom combo with this will though . Thats only one side still need to look at the exhaust too .

Premium Features