• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 SkS broken front torque arm?

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
So the front torque arm on my SkS broke this past weekend I just come out the woods from being stuck in a really deep spot and flip the right over backwards rolled it over and rode out. I got back on the trail and felt a weird vibration so I stopped to see and noticed both welds came loose. The upper right side up in the tunnel and the lower left side down near the track. Does anyone have any idea of what would cause this I can't for the life of me think of anything stupid I'd did prior to this happening. I've flipped that sled every direction imaginable to get it out so I doubt that caused it?

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
So the front torque arm on my SkS broke this past weekend I just come out the woods from being stuck in a really deep spot and flip the right over backwards rolled it over and rode out. I got back on the trail and felt a weird vibration so I stopped to see and noticed both welds came loose. The upper right side up in the tunnel and the lower left side down near the track. Does anyone have any idea of what would cause this I can't for the life of me think of anything stupid I'd did prior to this happening. I've flipped that sled every direction imaginable to get it out so I doubt that caused it?

No one has any idea of what can cause the arm to break at the welds?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I've broken a front torque arm before-- but, like yourself, didn't inspect it immediately after it happened to know what caused it.

I think I broke mine by hitting buried stumps/rocks while in a wheelie where the skid takes all the impact.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I've broken a front torque arm before-- but, like yourself, didn't inspect it immediately after it happened to know what caused it.

I think I broke mine by hitting buried stumps/rocks while in a wheelie where the skid takes all the impact.

I did be same on my pro this year. Never noticed it until I did a track swap. So who knows

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You likely broke one weld previously, and didn't notice it, until the other weld let go (because of the added stress from the first weld breaking). I'd doubt both broke like that at the same time. You might be able to find more rust in the weld that let go, first, if it happened in a previous ride. FWIW.

Premium Features