• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO LITE BY BLACK DIAMOND EXTREME

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Honestly, the skinz boards effectively make the rear skinnier in anything but stiffer snow, as the snow will flow through them.

Then all you have to deal with is the front.

It would seem that way but having a true skinny one I can tell you is far better.

Really if nothing else they should throw some side panels and belly pans on that mimic the style of the pro and it would help a ton just by letting it slide around.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Bought all the sleds I can this year but I really like what they have done.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
It would seem that way but having a true skinny one I can tell you is far better.

Really if nothing else they should throw some side panels and belly pans on that mimic the style of the pro and it would help a ton just by letting it slide around.

--seems like you could get some hpde (whatever material made for bellypans on older sleds), 1/8 inch plastic sheet, heat it, angle it, cut to fit, and splice it in.

http://www.bathfitter.com/bath_remodeling.aspx

--This stuff for bathrooms comes in one flat sheet per install and is just heated fit to form. Need to research the actual material for snowmobile use though.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
okay all the haters of this mod build! Make me a great offer on my 2012 thats in my profile pics and I'll be the ginny pig and tell you how this pro lite project turns out in a year! Serious.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The warranty is legit. You can take it to any cat, poo, doo, yammy, or aftermarket dealer such as bikeman, bdx, etc. for warranty work.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
That would be handy. I am surprised they show that the warranty costs $1000 for one year. Anytime I have looked at aftermarket warranties you can get 3 years for $1000. I am pretty sure you could buy additional warranty for this sled for about that money after the one year is used up. I like this package more everytime I look at it.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Anybody know the origin of the fuel tank that is 5.5 pounds lighter and holds 2.5 more gallons of fuel for $350? I would definately be interested in that! One of my biggest peeves with the Pro Climb, had arguably the best tank in the business on the M sled, now, arguably the worst!

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
It's a trail tank that bdx is having built. You can get them from either place. We seen the proto type Trail tank at haydays. It looked good

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Looks like a nice ride for $17k. I bet she handles almost as good as a 2009 M8, LOL. BB are fun until you get up high, then every turbo hands you your ***.

Too bad they are starting with a fat pig. All those mods and Still heavier than a stock Pro. What a joke Arctic Cat. AC really took a step backwards in almost every area with the PC. I HATE mine.

Last edited:

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Looks like a nice ride for $17k. I bet she handles almost as good as a 2009 M8, LOL.

Too bad they are starting with a fat pig. Still heavier than a stock Pro. What a joke. AC really took a step backwards in almost every area with th PC. I HATE mine.

Thanks for the great info you added to this thread. :baby:

Premium Features