• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO LITE BY BLACK DIAMOND EXTREME

K

Klimbing Kitty

It does look sweet and I do love BDX products, but BB I have been there done that ....... will be sticking with boost on my new 2013. and there is no way you can put a BB in for $1995 that includes pipe,fuel controller, gauges, jugs, pistons, and everything else that it takes to run one properly. Its like chipping out your truck to run in super high performance mode and not doing other mods so it will stay together.... good bye transmission.

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
It does look sweet and I do love BDX products, but BB I have been there done that ....... will be sticking with boost on my new 2013. and there is no way you can put a BB in for $1995 that includes pipe,fuel controller, gauges, jugs, pistons, and everything else that it takes to run one properly. Its like chipping out your truck to run in super high performance mode and not doing other mods so it will stay together.... good bye transmission.

--Since it has a 1 year warranty, I'm quite sure it has a fuel controller, jugs,pistons, pipe, silencer and everything else it takes to run properly. Probably minus the gauges, but it should be set up anyway. If it blows up, get a new one.

--It sounds like Cat may have helped out with the price of the original sleds to get these on the snow.

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
--It sounds like Cat may have helped out with the price of the original sleds to get these on the snow.[/QUOTE]

For sure. I think Cat is finding out the AC faithful isn't staying so faithful.

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
BMP 900

Did they drill cases or put oil bottle when they did oil delete , any one look at sled to see if oil bottle on sled

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Did they drill cases or put oil bottle when they did oil delete , any one look at sled to see if oil bottle on sled

Considering it's a BDX machine... I'd put money on the oil delete being installed per BDX instructions. (which includes neither, but they now say to add oil at install to the cavity)

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado

--There is a difference between cost plus a certain percentage and full retail

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Since it has a 2 year warranty, I'm quite sure it has a fuel controller, jugs,pistons, pipe, silencer and everything else it takes to run properly. Probably minus the gauges, but it should be set up anyway. If it blows up, get a new one.

--It sounds like Cat may have helped out with the price of the original sleds to get these on the snow.

--As far as warranty itself goes, with only 50 sleds built, if you were to have a warranty or setup issue, you would most likely receive preferred, preferrential service.

--Given what is at stake for these companies and who is involved, I'm sure these sleds are not just hacked and pieced together.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Post #1 says 1 year warranty

--Post #5 says 2 year warranty

--Probably go with post #1

Last edited:

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Ray from bdx said they talked about 2 yr warranty but went with a 1 yr to keep cost down and see how this project turns out.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
That is one more year than you would get if you did the sled up by yourself. A mod sled with warranty. I think I am in on this deal.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
--Post #1 says 1 year warranty

--Post #5 says 2 year warranty

--Probably go with post #1

attachment.php

Brochure says 1... I'd go with that.

Premium Features