• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO LITE BY BLACK DIAMOND EXTREME

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
LOL I agree that the pro lite will outperform the pro in every area except technical riding. My m-series still outperforms the pro climb chassis in technical riding. The 50lbs weight isn't the issue with the technical riding aspect of the pro climb chassis. The narrow front end doesn't fix the geometry issues/spindle location. The proclimb shines everywhere else!

As far as rider skills if i stick wyoboy on a pro and someone "burandt approved" on a pro-lite and they battle it out in the trees you think Wyo is going to walk away with his head down... I think we have different perspectives of technical riding.

I said "burandt approved" because it represented the technical riding aspect not that its the holy grail of approval....:face-icon-small-sho They all support the hand that feeds them.

Pro-lite should rip but it is still a proclimb chassis with a racer front end...Everyone was comparing this to a pro but after riding them both every weekend i thought the stock proclimb beat it everyplace but one. This is clearly the best improvement you can do for the $$$. I hope they sell out and this factory warranty mod sleds continue every year its better for everyone!

And for any confusion i will still be riding my proclimb this season...

You realized that your old M-series front end is based of the sno-pro 440, that was the base of F-series.

Strange everyone suddenly thinks AC started making longtrack trail sleds in 2012.
I love my proclimb, and feel sorry for my bud who's still have to hump around on his old M.
I had a mod M8, and was nowhere in my mind consedring to change to the Proclimb, until i rode one. Then there was a "must have", and the swap was rolling.
Looking forward to a new season on my mod proclimb.

What was the tread topic again?
Reality check,,,,,,,,,,, ohh, I thought for a second I wasn't i the cat section.

I'll buy another PC in 2014 when they have made it even better, as they evloved the old M almost every year.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
LOL I agree that the pro lite will outperform the pro in every area except technical riding. My m-series still outperforms the pro climb chassis in technical riding. The 50lbs weight isn't the issue with the technical riding aspect of the pro climb chassis. The narrow front end doesn't fix the geometry issues/spindle location. The proclimb shines everywhere else!..

You do realize that this Pro-Lite has new spindles, yeah? Have you ride'n one of these Pro-Lites? This could be a winning combo, taking the Proclimb to a whole new technical riding level than the Pro!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Strange everyone suddenly thinks AC started making longtrack trail sleds in 2012..

Don't take this the wrong way, but the stock Proclimb is a trail sled with a long track....

There are almost too many things to list that scream TRAIL SLED!!!

THE LIST IS LONG! The Pro-Lites list of mods says it all!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Don't take this the wrong way, but the stock Proclimb is a trail sled with a long track....

There are almost too many things to list that scream TRAIL SLED!!!

THE LIST IS LONG! The Pro-Lites list of mods says it all!

But what he is saying is the M is based off the sno-pro 440 and F-cat which were trail and race sleds!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
But what he is saying is the M is based off the sno-pro 440 and F-cat which were trail and race sleds!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

But the M is still a better mountain sled than the Proclimb is now.:face-icon-small-dis And thats because the PC has too many trail sled characteristics.:sad:

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
You realized that your old M-series front end is based of the sno-pro 440, that was the base of F-series.

I'm well aware, we now have the best handling trail and bump absorber not a back country specific sled... I clearly stated that the one issue was technical riding!!! If you feel sorry for your m-buddy then your most likely not in the terrain i was implying it struggled with. Or he would feel sorry for you. I agree it does everything else better than the m.

You do realize that this Pro-Lite has new spindles, yeah? Have you ride'n one of these Pro-Lites? This could be a winning combo, taking the Proclimb to a whole new technical riding level than the Pro!

It has a new spindle that saves weight but its the same geometry and shock location, same footprint on the snow. I'm sure its better than stock but Bret mentioned he felt no change in the area I'm interested in. Doesn't mean that it didn't help at all.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Available in Canada?

Is the Pro Lite available to Canada? I guess I could just drive across the border and bring it back. Even after paying the taxes it would only be about 2 grand more than a LE up here. Would the warranty still be good?

I hope this pre-fab mod sled trend continues. Maybe some other aftermarket companies will jump on the band wagon and make a XP Sidehill and Pro RMK Extra HP Reliable Motor. :face-icon-small-ton

If they had announced it last spring I don't think there would have been any snow-checks.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
How many of the tens of thousands of the two sleds riders actually max out the abilities of the chassis? Seriously? There are maybe a 1000! Really there's many many more that don't ride the super technical ski to ski width trees. So really the Proclimb should be better because it does everything else better.

But you're not cool unless you're riding a Poo Pro!!!

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--The Pro platform is factory built to shine in one specific segment of riding style, technical boondocking. It's harder to modify the Pro to perform well in other areas than it is to modify the PC to perform well in specific areas, additionally, the PC still does well all-around when modified.

--The PC platform is built more generic in that it can be easily modified to do very well in any segment of riding style, including running a 275hp turbo 4 stroke.

--The Pro platform is purpose built and does not do as well in other segments, even when modified.

I

iq high marker

Dec 28, 2010
southern Minnesota
Is the Pro Lite available to Canada? I guess I could just drive across the border and bring it back. Even after paying the taxes it would only be about 2 grand more than a LE up here. Would the warranty still be good?

I hope this pre-fab mod sled trend continues. Maybe some other aftermarket companies will jump on the band wagon and make a XP Sidehill and Pro RMK Extra HP Reliable Motor. :face-icon-small-ton

If they had announced it last spring I don't think there would have been any snow-checks.

Yes they are available in Canada and the warranty is good there too.
Great question

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Pro, PC, M, Pro lite.

More people are switching to the Pro (sales are proof) because of handling. Deny all you want.

More people who don't like the Poo motor are looking for '11 M's ( drivetrain or handling ??). Deny all you want.

The Pro Lite is a virtual machine until proven. Deny all you want.

Dependability and power with Bikeman are not the mountain experience of the past. Handling in mountain conditions is improved with weight reduction but will the A-arms take away the quirky handling traits of the PC.
Many PC owners still say the M chassis had some advantages. Deny all you want.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Pro, PC, M, Pro lite.

More people are switching to the Pro (sales are proof) because of handling. Deny all you want.

More people who don't like the Poo motor are looking for '11 M's ( drivetrain or handling ??). Deny all you want.

The Pro Lite is a virtual machine until proven. Deny all you want.

Dependability and power with Bikeman are not the mountain experience of the past. Handling in mountain conditions is improved with weight reduction but will the A-arms take away the quirky handling traits of the PC.
Many PC owners still say the M chassis had some advantages. Deny all you want.

Just a question.......but weren't you a die hard cat guy? I read post over the past month or so and now it sounds like you jumped ship to a poo and now all of a sudden your bashing cat. Dont be one of those guys....... Ride what you like and don't bash the others cause it doesn't have the same logo as yours.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Just a question.......but weren't you a die hard cat guy? I read post over the past month or so and now it sounds like you jumped ship to a poo and now all of a sudden your bashing cat. Dont be one of those guys....... Ride what you like and don't bash the others cause it doesn't have the same logo as yours.

his post doesn;t seem to be bashing to me..it is more of a observation that he is reflecting over.....

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Where's the bashin'. Facts are facts. You can't handle the truth, lol?

Yes I was a Cat rider for 8 yrs. and 9 sleds. Before that a Doo rider for 9yrs and 8 sleds. Before that a Yam rider for 8yrs and 3 sleds (ah the good old days).
I'm not or ever have been a die hard anything except sledder. I laugh at mistakes the factories do as much as anyone whether it is the sled I ride or someone else's.

It's expensive to switch brands (tools, spare parts, new underwear lol) but like you said ride what you want and I do. Do you? If you do, don't be so sensitive about other peoples opinions or facts from the real world. You may never enjoy your sport to the fullest.

This Pro lite that everyone is so gaga about isn't in the real snow yet (unlike the the Pro, PC or Msleds). Sometimes the real snow doesn't allow a sled to live up to the pre hype. I think many may recall that happening more than once.
2 things stick out for me, Bikeman and claimed weight loss. I think there will be a few snowester built sleds with a season or two under their belts that will show this machine around the mountain in the beginning.
Again that is MO just from things I seen before. Can't go up hill too far if your belt is unhappy and a motor built in the flatlands usually works best there.

So I have to ask I quess. If I'm getting rid of my PC tomorrow and getting a Poo does that mean I can't post my opinions on the AC forums? Snowmobiler is allowed on all forums. Do I have to keep my posts to non sentence posts completely lol?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Where's the bashin'. Facts are facts. You can't handle the truth, lol?

Yes I was a Cat rider for 8 yrs. and 9 sleds. Before that a Doo rider for 9yrs and 8 sleds. Before that a Yam rider for 8yrs and 3 sleds (ah the good old days).
I'm not or ever have been a die hard anything except sledder. I laugh at mistakes the factories do as much as anyone whether it is the sled I ride or someone else's.

It's expensive to switch brands (tools, spare parts, new underwear lol) but like you said ride what you want and I do. Do you? If you do, don't be so sensitive about other peoples opinions or facts from the real world. You may never enjoy your sport to the fullest.

This Pro lite that everyone is so gaga about isn't in the real snow yet (unlike the the Pro, PC or Msleds). Sometimes the real snow doesn't allow a sled to live up to the pre hype. I think many may recall that happening more than once.
2 things stick out for me, Bikeman and claimed weight loss. I think there will be a few snowester built sleds with a season or two under their belts that will show this machine around the mountain in the beginning.
Again that is MO just from things I seen before. Can't go up hill too far if your belt is unhappy and a motor built in the flatlands usually works best there.

So I have to ask I quess. If I'm getting rid of my PC tomorrow and getting a Poo does that mean I can't post my opinions on the AC forums? Snowmobiler is allowed on all forums. Do I have to keep my posts to non sentence posts completely lol?

haha geo I dont think ive ever seen a post from you thats one sentence. Is that a new challenge? :face-icon-small-ton

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
2 things stick out for me, Bikeman and claimed weight loss. --geo quote--

--There are pictures of it on the scale, RTR it (will be) lighter than your Pro

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
2 things stick out for me, Bikeman and claimed weight loss. --geo quote--

--There are pictures of it on the scale, RTR it (will be) lighter than your Pro

boy your pretty proud of that huh? It is almost as if you were comparing stock to stock!

Get real, for the cost of a prolite a guy could buy a pro for 12K, Get new shocks that are better and lighter, and turbo it for the same price.

Then it will still be lighter than the PC-lite, have more power, and be a better ride.

Premium Features