• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 ProClimb in DEEEP Revy Snow

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
I put 2012 ProClimb to the test in MEGA POW - 3 days of tree riding in Revelstoke, BC.

9+ feet of snow @ 5400ft. :face-icon-small-ton Even more up top. It was socked in so we played in the trees down low all week. A great start to the season. It snowed over 3 feet while we were there too. Crazy deep. Some of the best tree riding I have ever done. Sled did not disappoint like last season.

2013 skid spec & 2.5" CE:
Drilled front mount to 2013 spec and dropped rear. No more trenching. Woohoo. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap My sled is finally rideable in deep pow. The track is amazing and superior in every way. (Talked to another rider on 2012 Powerclaw and 2012 spec skid and he was trenching a lot and not having a very fun time)

Clutch updates, 20t gear, and venting:
Still hot clutches but not as bad as last year. Inconsistent temps - I checked clutches every few hours - sometime hot, sometimes warm?? Need Whiterad's TCCL.

No pulled cord on 084 belt. Half way thru the 3rd day I had to adjust belt deflection, but ran like a champ after adjusting.

steering mod (2013 spec):
much better control boondocking/sidehilling. Could use more angle but satisfied for now.

20t and Speedwerx black/white primary:
engagement is too abrupt at 4300rpm - launches skis in air in parking lot. Loading onto deck with forward throttle was sketchy. Buddy was very nervous.

Throttle forward and Cyrca handguards:

love it and hate it. 95% sold on this throttle position. Found it tough to quickly transition from WOT, off, then back again; especially in tight trees. Ride trails with one finger under throttle for safety. Slid out finger for WOT. Still figuring it out. Will try both positions next trip and decide.

Cycra CRM hand guards are awesome. Knuckle savers in the trees.

MadFab board inserts:

Still holds snow but snow does not stick at all. U still have to kick the snow off boards, but no more chiseling snow off. Buddy had Skinz Airframes and they hold snow too.

Lowered seat 1.5"

Perfect height now. Does not push on legs as much on steep sidehill wrong-foot forward. Check out my seat animation below:
seat-animation.gif

Bent tunnel/gusset held up:
I bent my tunnel and snapped my gusset roll in November. The fix help up:face-icon-small-hap

Misses:
I was submarining a lot with the stock skis. SLP PP's should fix this and make tree riding much more enjoyable.

Track still washes out while turning aggressively upward on a sidehill, however not as much as last season. The skid drop helped with this. I feel so cramped on the ProClimb so I stand further back on the boards. I feel post forward is my anwser?

Downhill u-turn are still unpredictable, but a bit easier with skid drop. But my lack of skill is likely the culprit.

Comparision to XM:
Buddy rode 2013 XM 163. That sled climbs like a billy goat and handles much better than the XP. I was impressed. I had no problem keeping up to him, and he is 80lbs lighter than me, plus a more experienced and better rider.

Verdict:
Very happy with sled. New skis, lower engagement, TCCL brace and I am set for the season.

Pictures suck - only had camera phone this trip.

2012-12-04 13.09.36.jpg 2012-12-04 12.15.05.jpg 2012-12-04 12.15.16.jpg 2012-12-04 13.09.53.jpg 2012-11-19 01.13.22.jpg

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
nice!!

question: on your set mod, did you remove foam from the top, bottom, or both?

thanks

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
[/B]Drilled front mount to 2013 spec and dropped rear. No more trenching. Woohoo. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap My sled is finally rideable in deep pow. The track is amazing and superior in every way. (Talked to another rider on 2012 Powerclaw and 2012 spec skid and he was trenching a lot and not having a very fun time)

What's this mod all about?

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
[/B]Drilled front mount to 2013 spec and dropped rear. No more trenching. Woohoo. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap My sled is finally rideable in deep pow. The track is amazing and superior in every way. (Talked to another rider on 2012 Powerclaw and 2012 spec skid and he was trenching a lot and not having a very fun time)

What's this mod all about?

Here's a thread to get you started and there are several more...

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322297

thumper450

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
steering mod (2013 spec):
much better control boondocking/sidehilling. Could use more angle but satisfied for now.

Did you just drill new hole in spindle and take meat of gusset?

Premium Features