• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 800R E-tech FreeRide 154 question

R
Nov 16, 2016
I am looking for an extra sled that my adult daughter can use this winter.

I found a 2012 FreeRide 154 with 1,100 miles. Fox shocks in front. All plastic is good. Track looks good. Clean title and current tag. Person selling is the second owner.

I know that this is the second year for BRP's FI on the 800.

I think that $5K or a bit under will grab it.

Is there anything about the 2012 800R E-tech FreeRide 154 that I should be concerned with?

Thanks in advance

Rick E.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
There was a bulletin on that engine, you could probably get the vin number and check to see if it was done. They are a very well planted sled, hard to play around on unless you are into jumping. I'd look for a clean Summit personally.. They had a little narrower front suspension.

R
Nov 16, 2016
There was a bulletin on that engine, you could probably get the vin number and check to see if it was done. They are a very well planted sled, hard to play around on unless you are into jumping. I'd look for a clean Summit personally.. They had a little narrower front suspension.
When you say "a little narrower front suspension", are you talking about the 2012 FreeRide, or the Summit model?

R
Nov 16, 2016
I ended up buying it. I looked it over very well, and it appears to be in surprisingly great condition.
However, it is white, and I don't care for white in a sled.
I may paint the side runners black to help take away from the stark white appearance.

Premium Features