• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Ford 6.7L powerstroke 4

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
I really think ford is on to something great here. the looks of the 2011 are bada$$ and they got rid of that twin turbo b.s. ya this is the pickup i would put my money on. great post rknight111

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
2011 Ford SD

We have 4000 miles on our 2011 SD proto type and so far this truck rocks. :D It gets anywhere from 16.5 to 17.5 calculated MPG not pulling a trailer and about 4 MPG less pulling a 9000 lb trailer. The new six speed tranny works well so far.

S
Dec 2, 2007
new ford?

I work for Ford and if this truck is half as good as it sounds it will rock, the engine concerns from the 6.4 and 6.0 have both been addressed and the test trucks that are out there sounds like they are performing great....so heres to another run like the 7.3....there will always be test pilots in the auto industry and this truck will be no different except that i think they have worked out all the kinks first for a change....cant wait to get mine April we have been told will be when they start rolling in, in Canada anyways

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i have had a new truck (90% fords) every year since 1982, so i've got a fair amount of experience with them......i certainly hope ford has done their homework better than the 6.0 and 6.4, neither of which was a good engine (else why the 6.7)....when the 6.4 came out, ford touted 600 test vehicles, 10 million miles....yeah, then why did mine destroy itself at 11k?.....crank, two pistons, block, and several other parts.....and you can bet that the pre-production trucks that are put out for "testing", are nearly hand-built, cherry picked vehicles so that they look good for everyone who is watching carefully....so when the domestic manufacturers start developing products the way the japanese do, and not let the consumer "prove" the design for them for a couple of years, i'll stick with the proven v-10....of course, there are people who can gamble on a $60k truck, good on'em, but they hooked me on the 6.4, but not the 6.7....:face-icon-small-dis

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
In one of the Ford videos they were touting that they were getting low 20's for mileage and low teens when towing - Figures - actual real world numbers are lower, as always. I have owned 5 ford power strokes - NEVER gotten better than 15. My '06 sticks around 12 .

We have 4000 miles on our 2011 SD proto type and so far this truck rocks. :D It gets anywhere from 16.5 to 17.5 calculated MPG not pulling a trailer and about 4 MPG less pulling a 9000 lb trailer. The new six speed tranny works well so far.

8summit8

Dec 7, 2007
NE South Dakota
The reason for the 6.7 is Ford and Navistar splitting the sheets over the 6.0 warranty issues. I've had every generation PSD made, I like my 08 6.4 but its hard on fuel, 1-3 mpg worse than friends dmax and cummins trucks but they aren't dpf equipped. I think its great that a US manufacturer is building its powertrain in house.

S

sibola

Sep 16, 2009
B.C. Canada
I think the new engine will be a good one. Seeing as ford bought out volvo, and they have come along way on disiel technology. Those germans may be square heads but they know how to build a disiel engine. The wifes car gets 50 miles per gallon. Granted it's only a car, but if they put half the thought into this 6.7, as they did into the TDI disiel alot of people are going to be eating crow. I've driven a 7.3 for 10 years know and it's the best disiel engine to date. Now the 6.7 will be the engine to have.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
I think the new engine will be a good one. Seeing as ford bought out volvo, and they have come along way on disiel technology. Those germans may be square heads but they know how to build a disiel engine. The wifes car gets 50 miles per gallon. Granted it's only a car, but if they put half the thought into this 6.7, as they did into the TDI disiel alot of people are going to be eating crow. I've driven a 7.3 for 10 years know and it's the best disiel engine to date. Now the 6.7 will be the engine to have.

1. Volvo is Swedish
2. Audi/VW has nothing to do with Volvo, and they only build diesels for cars, not semis or other large applications.
3. the 7.3 is the best diesel engine? :eek: :rolleyes:

IMO I think the 6.7 will be a decent engine. I doubt it's going to end up being as great as everyone is saying but I doubt it'll be a pos like the 6.0 was.

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
Considering the growing pains with the 6.0L and the 6.4L reduced mileage; here's hoping for better performance, mileage & less trouble with the new 6.7L. But I'd wait and let the (potential) bugs get discovered & worked out before any financial commitments are made.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
1. Volvo is Swedish
2. Audi/VW has nothing to do with Volvo, and they only build diesels for cars, not semis or other large applications.
3. the 7.3 is the best diesel engine? :eek: :rolleyes:

IMO I think the 6.7 will be a decent engine. I doubt it's going to end up being as great as everyone is saying but I doubt it'll be a pos like the 6.0 was.

Just a technicality but Volvo over the road trucks can be ordered with a Volvo branded engine for at least the last 4 or 5 yrs now and is an excellent engine.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
What I was meaning was that Audi/VW only make small diesels, not Volvo. My sentence came out a little sloppy I guess :beer;

that the way i read it, that the vw audi group builds just small diesels.

Rudolph Diesel is probably rolling over in his grave after reading that statement.

S

sibola

Sep 16, 2009
B.C. Canada
People Audi/VW/Mercedes/Vovo and who ever else over there in Europe, are all in bed together. Just like the big 3 here in Noth America. If you don't think behind closed doors that they are talking to each other you are nieve.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
People Audi/VW/Mercedes/Vovo and who ever else over there in Europe, are all in bed together. Just like the big 3 here in Noth America. If you don't think behind closed doors that they are talking to each other you are nieve.

so what big 3 are we talking about? gm, ford and dodge? or Cummins, Navistar and Caterpillar?

doesnt really matter i guess because i really doubt any competing company would share engineering secrets. for example the blue tec technology that Daimler ag developed was sold to Cummins for lots of $$ to be used in dodge trucks, then sold also to Detroit Diesel for lots of more $$. Sure wasnt just given away over a couple of beers at the pub. Most of the engineers have to sign no compete contracts and the employess could be sued for millions for sharing trade secrets.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
What I was meaning was that Audi/VW only make small diesels, not Volvo. My sentence came out a little sloppy I guess :beer;

Sorry as you can see by the time when I wrote it I was a bit tired and didn't read it very well.

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
So far so good

We have around 6200 miles and 407 hrs on this pickup now. At around 4800 miles the computer for the transmission went bad and went to limp mode. Dealer fixed it that day and hasnt been a problem since. They wouldnt say what happened. Mileage is still around 17. Im really starting to like this engine with the more miles\hours it gets. Our 09 6.4 was in the shop a lot more before 6200 miles.

best engine? not hardly. they were smoking crack when they designed oil driven injectors! They dont like dust either..

Premium Features