• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010-2011 M8 which lightweight can

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
DYEMAN / 2010 m-8

It seems surprising that there are so many silencers offered for such a new package. Or perhaps not so surprising considering the fitment is identical to its big brothers silencer. There were only a handful of 010 M8s out on the snow last spring. This begs the question as to how the development process was so quick to yield so many choices. Our testing yielded some interesting results with regard to performance. We tried a Speedwerx M1000 silencer, it fit nicely and seemed to run well on the snow. However some dyno testing proved particularly interesting with the results showing a nearly 5 hp loss yet no other significant adverse runnability issues. This resulted in immediate design changes to create a production piece that ultimately didn't lose power. That being said I would respectfully caution all considering silencer options to be careful because of the possibility of turning a great running sled into a good running one. Also to take noise considerations seriously as Colorado riders will find themselves explaining to noise enforcement personal why they're sled exceeds the 96 db limit and being fortunate to be allowed to go home without having been issued a ticket. It has been communicated that db compliance testing will likely ensue at major riding areas in December.

OPTION record on your I -POD AN OPEN STINGER on your dirt bike . then place it in your ear you can gain up to 15 hp the louder you play it . save weight only 1/2 pd .the louder your can the lessser your land :confused::confused::confused::confused:

S

shaneo11

Jan 14, 2008
The Dalles
Hate to hijack this thread but I had the SLP can on my sled and it shaves some weight and sounds better but not too much louder than stock. I then bought the SLP pipe kit which came with the y-pipe, single pipe and can. So I have a brand new SLP can never been used for $150 + shipping if anyone wants one just PM me.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
So now that we have put a decent season on these 2010 m8's does anyone know which can is the best weight loss WITHOUT losing any power? i'm not interested at all in losing 20 lbs and 5 hp.

M

marx-snowmobile

Jan 23, 2010
Carson,WA
ShaneO11-You have the new for 2010 HO can? I live not to far away in Carson, and would like to check it out. 541-380-1500 Thanx

Last edited:
M

marx-snowmobile

Jan 23, 2010
Carson,WA
10 HO can

This is a great thread ! Speedwerx does alot for AC anybody have there can? SLP also has great products. How is there can on the power curve?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
TTT. What is the final verdict? I haven't heard a single bad thing about HPS, but they are so dang spendy... Are we SURE there is no power loss or bog with the skins ultra or super q, or the MBRP???

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I have a super Q on my 2010 and its runs perfect. No issues what so ever. I heard the same thing with the hps. Both sound great, the fit and finish is top notch

Premium Features