• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Summit XP Longevity

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
I am considering picking up a stock 2009 Summit XP 154 with 700ish miles on it, looks to be a very clean machine used for back country sking/boarding. I have primarily owned Yamaha and M8 Cats, my last Doo was a 94 Summit 583. What kind of longevity/reliability can I expect from this sled with good maintenance. What are some things that I should look out for or be aware of? Thanks for the advice.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I am considering picking up a stock 2009 Summit XP 154 with 700ish miles on it, looks to be a very clean machine used for back country sking/boarding. I have primarily owned Yamaha and M8 Cats, my last Doo was a 94 Summit 583. What kind of longevity/reliability can I expect from this sled with good maintenance. What are some things that I should look out for or be aware of? Thanks for the advice.
Should be good to go. Check crank run out and comp. check for peace of mind slap a ibackshift cluch kit in it ride the pizz out of it. I got a little over 5000 miles out of my 08 though im told i was lucky. The builder told me it wouldnt have gone another 100 miles lol. Hope this helps

B
Dec 14, 2010
Should be good to go. Check crank run out and comp. check for peace of mind slap a ibackshift cluch kit in it ride the pizz out of it. I got a little over 5000 miles out of my 08 though im told i was lucky. The builder told me it wouldnt have gone another 100 miles lol. Hope this helps

How do you check for crank run out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
How do you check for crank run out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't even bother checking crank runout. You have to pull the clutch off to do so. BUT, in my experience, at least all the ones I've check, have been out of spec, even when they are new. My son actually had a 05 King cat, and the run out was waaay out, like at .012", ran great and never had a problem with it for 3000 miles.

JMO which I'm sure to get roasted for. lol

I've owned 2 08 xps, and one 09 xp. I've had no issues with cranks.

Premium Features