• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 RG Turbo Reeds.... Need Help

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Just bought a 2009 M8 Boondocker RG Turbo 11psi built by VOHK with 3500miles. Reeds are original (haven't pulled them yet) so I want to replace them while I'm doing a top end and other stuff. What reeds should I get and are the OVS turbo reeds stops worth it? Stock? Boyesen? Something else?

I'm just trying to do any and all maintenance so I don't miss a single day of powder due to sled failure.

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
The guy I bought it from was the original one and only owner and said the never did the reeds, only intake boots. They have to be stock. Must be some pretty good tuning.. right?

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
Dude just get it over with and replace them! You have been talkin about it since you got the sled! I know some guys have had luck with 1000 reeds double stacked on 800 I believe for longgevety! Alot of people use the ovs stops and like them too!

If it were I since the sled made it a "claimed 3200miles" I would just replace them with the stock reed and you should make it another 3200 miles right! I replaced the reeds on my old mans 09 turbo and it made it alot crisper in the bottom they were original too! But it seems alot better now! REEDs dont last FOREVER buddy!

Im pretty sure your not going to regret changing them as long as you do every thing right "which you will" but I garauntee You will regret it when you dont replace them and your sled F***** up on that blue bird day with three ft of pow and you have to go home and replace your reeds while the rest of us go riding!

Either way hurry up and get it Ready to ride so we can go for a ride!

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Single m1000 reeds here as well. Looked perfect before last season (700 miles). Didn't pull them this season as I only put on about 400 miles last. Still kept a solid bottom end. This is 8.5-10 lbs.

I put m1000 reed in, single stacked. and they are cheaper

Premium Features