• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Spring Fling May 2-4

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
That's funny about the ski hill....They make it sound like it's unsafe, so don't sled there, but say hiking up and skiing is OK. Doublespeaking baloney! I'd rather hit an "obstruction" on my sled than on ski's, that's for sure. lol

Y
Jan 2, 2002
Keenesburg, Co.
Was a real good time... I think. Being sick Friday and crashing in the Shag at 6:30pm, I either seemed like an azz or just, well an azz! Sory fella's

DJ, You are one crazy S.O.B., You'd better go back to the Rev, you'll live longer!!! It sure was fun watching a turbo in serious action. To bad we never made it to 54 eh?

SoCo crew, thanks for coming up, it was a freeking blast, we definatly
need to hook up more next season. Be sure not to follow me through the tree's while riding two-up on a RT10! Still lmfao.

Carange wasn't good this weekend thats fo sho. Paul blew another motor, Tablerock broke a steering post, Ricerburner broke a steering post and had
a WFO ghost rider head on into a tree (I put a tether on that machine for a reason!) and I smacked a tree HARD with the Nytro while it was, as Jeff put
it, inverted. Nothing a new hood, headlight, headlight mount, bumper, side panel won't fix. No bent sub frame!! After I found a sink hole at about 20mph, I feel now I need to purchase a chest protector! I accually have a bruise that runs across my chest. Ouch!

The pow was sick for May, heck, it would have been sick for Feb. You know you're in for it
when you have to chain up to get in the lot.

Sorry, no pics from me, I forgot the camera.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Great weekend at Re!!

Thanks for putting this together guys

Jim, Jeff and Paul thanks for putting together a sweet spring ride. Whoever called ahead and arranged for the extra deep pow..smart thinking

Over the hood pow fri and half of sat before it set up. Bushy was kind enough to guide us around and show us all the good spots.

It's nice to be able to put a face to all the 4M members

For sure going to stop in a few times next year.......

a quick vid from fri...post some more later when I get a chance

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Got a few hours in today thanks to paul letting me borrow a ski!

Killer day today, bluebird skies & the snow turned into normal soft spring snow, lots of fun. Spent sat & sun riding with the boys from IL, good guys!!

Good to finally meet dizzle & others that I hadn't met yet.

and sorry to all for the obnoxious pipes on that racer, gotta do something about that! You know your sled is obnoxious when a whole lot full of sledders cringe when you start it up!

D

densnwbdr

Dec 30, 2007
Aurora, CO
Boy o boy am i jealous! Bushy, looks like you guys had a rockin time. I had to move my oldest out! I am def. in for a few more rides this year tho. It looks like the snow will be around for awhile.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I think they thought they had to heat the whole parking lot

fire.jpg

now thats a fire!!

a pic from a blue sky'd saturday
dizlean2.jpg

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
A few more pics.:beer;

Boondock doin what he does:)

attachment.php

Burandt..in area 49.75 lol

attachment.php

Cold Friday

cold.jpg

Deep:D

dizzle.jpg

Tom on the 600 HO IQ

tom.jpg

May?

Area52.jpg

DSCF3846-Burandt (Large).JPG

Last edited:
R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Man what a blast of a weekend. One of the best yet. Great to meet everyone and ride in some typical spring conditions. Can't wait to see some pics since I didn't bring a camera :)

Glad you SoCo guys made the trip up. Really looking forward to catching up with you guys again next year. Perhaps you can show us around that secret place you were telling us about out near Lamar / LOL

Going to be a long summer......

R
Nov 26, 2007
Made it back to des moines about 6 pm, 11 hour trip, had her to the wood going 85-90 most of way. Thanks Jimbo / Jeffro / Paul and So crew for showing my brother and me around as usual. Looks like I created a summer project for myself when my sled found a tree, lol! Could have been a lot worse...good reason to clean it all up and have ready for t-day ride.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Didn't get a chance to pull out the vidi too much but I managed to get some good pow shots

here is vid with special appearance by Riceburner....man can he ride!

Spring-Fling-2008

C
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
It was a nice weekend up at the ears. Had fun on Sat with the kids ended the day by building a snowman. Was back Sunday for more. My daughter was on daddys big 900 she is only 11.

Fact she needs her own sled and with in a year of having one will out ride me:eek:

I think I need a new sled and she can have my 600

With the sunburn and as sore as I am. I feel sorry for the kids in the morning. They too will be sore for all the riding they did by them self.

It was so nice to see them have so much fun. But, man this is going to cost a lot to have 4 sleds and rig to hall it all. However, I think it will be worth it!

I am sad to see the this year comming to an end. We only got out about 5 times. With hubby's back surgery and I had a work injury:eek:

Have fun with what is let and be safe!

Latter,
Steph

J

jomarkinc

Dec 7, 2007
the boys from Il. just got back at 630am central time think the brakes are about done on the lexus but what a weekend great to meet all you guys thanks for the hospitality. great ridin w backcountry is life and wife gotta go to work see ya next year

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
a few more pics.....

Base Camp

bushmaster's sugar shack
P1020496.jpg

yammerhammer's shagwagon
P1020497.jpg

tudizzle's SoCo Hotel
P1020498.jpg

Bull
P1020508.jpg

dizzle
diZLEAN.jpg

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Great vid, Tudizzle! Looks like I missed yet another great trip. If my part time gig didn't pay so well, I'd quit it just to make sure I could ride every weekend. Oh well, it's off to the golf course I go, see ya'll later.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Some things are just a blurr...........I am slowly finding the way thru my monday fog!

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I'll get at em tonight..I think.

Make it in OK after the creek hole??

I've been a tad concerned about no padding on these Nytro bars.. If not for when getting bashed through a creek hole, from when taking a hard hit from a drop or jump. :p Seems my knees are taking more damage on those sorta hard hits tho...

Dizzle- ummm, Bushy's is the "Sugar Shack" and ours is the "Shag Wagon". ;)

I'd like to see DJ's pics???

Man am I ever sore for the bashing I took Saturday.

Premium Features