• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Plastics

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Anyone wanna scan the instructions that came with your 09 plastics kit??? I got mine from fastrax and it came without hardware or instructions. I know a few things have to be modded to fit but I am at a little bit of a loss so far. Haven't had a ton of time to tackle it though.

Thanks Erick

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Anyone wanna scan the instructions that came with your 09 plastics kit??? I got mine from fastrax and it came without hardware or instructions. I know a few things have to be modded to fit but I am at a little bit of a loss so far. Haven't had a ton of time to tackle it though.

Thanks Erick

I will try and find mine and do it for ya tonight. i didn't use mine lol :D

only the pictures a couple of times.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

Thanks Erick

WTF????

you have a $20,000 GSXR 1000 and an RMK 900..you DONT need instructions..

it all lines up perfect..only issues i had...i used a few extra rivots on the underside on both sides just to secure it better..so i drilled a few (like 2-3 holes) on each side..

and then the exhuast hole for the muffler...i cut mine kinda stupid and was too long so i used a sheet of thin aluminum and rivoted that to the fender and painted it black to blend it..

get 6 bolts/washers/lock nuts for the fenders to bolt up to the nose peice and BAM...your rocking a SICK 09 front end on that baby..lol..

if i think of anything else i had to do, i will let you know...

no more silly questions...haha...totally kidding...

let me knw if you need help..

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
WTF????

you have a $30,000 GSXR 1000 and an RMK 900..you DONT need instructions..

it all lines up perfect..only issues i had...i used a few extra rivots on the underside on both sides just to secure it better..so i drilled a few (like 2-3 holes) on each side..

and then the exhuast hole for the muffler...i cut mine kinda stupid and was too long so i used a sheet of thin aluminum and rivoted that to the fender and painted it black to blend it..

get 6 bolts/washers/lock nuts for the fenders to bolt up to the nose peice and BAM...your rocking a SICK 09 front end on that baby..lol..

if i think of anything else i had to do, i will let you know...

no more silly questions...haha...totally kidding...

let me knw if you need help..

Haha yeah......

I had to drill one hole on the right side for an engine brace bolt and trim for a rivet. Haven't done much more than that so far, had to work and all. I am more interested in know what bolts are used for what. I didn't do the disassembly on the front end so I don't know what goes where. I was also missing a few nose screws from when I bought it, my guess is rattling took care of that. I do have a piece of aluminum I will be using for the exhaust so thats no biggy. I am gonna go work on it and see if I have any more questions.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
sorry haven't looked for the instructions yet. i will go look now. been too busy trying to get mine running :p

getting real close now, pipe and clutch and the left side brace. will post back asap.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I have the instructions scanned and ready. here they are. i can also email them if you like.

09plasticupdate0002.jpg

09plasticupdate0003.jpg

09plasticupdate0004.jpg

09plasticupdate0005.jpg

09plasticupdate0006.jpg

09plasticupdate1.jpg

Last edited:
G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
sorry haven't looked for the instructions yet. i will go look now. been too busy trying to get mine running :p

getting real close now, pipe and clutch and the left side brace. will post back asap.

Thank you for taking the time away from you're build to scan these BIGDAWG! The pictures do help and now I have an idea of what hardware I need to pickup from the dealer. I got the right-side completed including a Fire-n-Ice vent put in and heat-taping the whole inside of the panel. I will be working on the left-side and nose tomorrow and maybe this thing will look like a sled again. Been a long time coming, we don't even have snow yet though. It was 50 degrees all week.

And again,Thank you Bruce

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Thank you for taking the time away from you're build to scan these BIGDAWG! The pictures do help and now I have an idea of what hardware I need to pickup from the dealer. I got the right-side completed including a Fire-n-Ice vent put in and heat-taping the whole inside of the panel. I will be working on the left-side and nose tomorrow and maybe this thing will look like a sled again. Been a long time coming, we don't even have snow yet though. It was 50 degrees all week.

And again,Thank you Bruce

no problem that is what we all are here for. mine should be running tomorrow. could have done it tonight but man i am tired from the late night last night so it is off to bed.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
you dont really need to spend the extra money for the small parts from your dealer..you can get the rivots anywhere..and a couple bolts/washers/nuts from a hardware store...

just be careful when tightning the upper bumper bolts to the upper a-arm bracket..i striped mine and had to punch them out...then had to use bolts with nuts on them..grade 8 of coarse..but MUCH stronger bolt then the crappy pressed in one (p.s that pressed in bolt is also tack welded if you strip it ;))

good luck..its really a very easy process...an air rivot gun is a MUST...harbor frieght has a great one for $35 or so..

good luck bro

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
you dont really need to spend the extra money for the small parts from your dealer..you can get the rivots anywhere..and a couple bolts/washers/nuts from a hardware store...

just be careful when tightning the upper bumper bolts to the upper a-arm bracket..i striped mine and had to punch them out...then had to use bolts with nuts on them..grade 8 of coarse..but MUCH stronger bolt then the crappy pressed in one (p.s that pressed in bolt is also tack welded if you strip it ;))

good luck..its really a very easy process...an air rivot gun is a MUST...harbor frieght has a great one for $35 or so..

good luck bro

Good point Guido, I will be getting a lot of stuff from the hardware store as well. I already have all the rivets I need. Just a few of the nose pieces are missing.

BTW how important is the heat shield included with the new kit? mine did not come with anything. I literally got the cobe bumper, two sides, a nose piece, the hood hinge piece and filler pieces, the lower bumper bracket and the two sway bar brackets. no nuts or bolts.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i didnt want to use a float plate....i personally dont care for the looks of them..

i got an OEM 09 skid plate...fit great and has a ton of protection too...i bet i wont even scratch the belly pan when i ramp the truck this year.. ;)

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
i didnt want to use a float plate....i personally dont care for the looks of them..

i got an OEM 09 skid plate...fit great and has a ton of protection too...i bet i wont even scratch the belly pan when i ramp the truck this year.. ;)

Thats the spirit!

I looked on a few 10's at the dealer and they didn't come with one. I have the cobe bumper which has a little bit of a plate on it.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
HOLY SHOP!!

damn....sled looks great too!! Nelson would be Proud! :)

Haha ya I have some room and tools to play with! Guess thats the advantage of growing up and living on a ranch, everything is bigger to fit all of the equipment inside, more industrialized, notice the gigantic band saws in the background from the WWII era? Ya that would be my grandpa, the shop has more 220v plugs than it does 110 lol

I will try to get the sled finished in the next couple days and get pics of the final product up when its not halfazz done lol I decided the turbo would have to wait for at least a little while, I am done waiting on parts, I want to RIDE! lol Turbo will happen later in the season, and I won't start until I have ALL the parts up front, no more waiting around on parts while its snowing! lol

Premium Features