• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats a good can for XM?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I like this one, no bogs, misses, backfires or anything. seems to run crisp and clean all day everyday a bit on the loud side but other than that great. It is from Carbon Sled Parts. PLus it fit around the C3 belt drive real nice:face-icon-small-hap

november12 020.jpg

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I love the Cooker Thing Can, allot Quieter than the HPS can Plus you can cook 2 different things at once these thing's really cook not just warm!!uploadfromtaptalk1358306107420.jpg.

I can't keep these things in stock but will have them in stock Friday and working on getting some ceramic coated.

Nothing better than hot food when you're at the cabin or wherever other peps eating cold stuff and you got hot stuff they're all jealous

Last edited:

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
I like this one, no bogs, misses, backfires or anything. seems to run crisp and clean all day everyday a bit on the loud side but other than that great. It is from Carbon Sled Parts. PLus it fit around the C3 belt drive real nice:face-icon-small-hap

X2 buddy! Love mine. Loud as hell but everybody notices me! Every body loves the sound of my carbon fiber can as well!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
X2 buddy! Love mine. Loud as hell but everybody notices me! Every body loves the sound of my carbon fiber can as well!

Brian talked me into the pipe for the 800 it quieted down the can just a bit, plus it runs just bit more stronger. I only have one ride on it though, so I'll see here in the next few rides.

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
Don't put any aftermarket can on. Tests have been done. Stock is best

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

D
Feb 20, 2009
"to" quiet ................... I love it. Spelling is as good as the rationale. Wait till you're 50+ have tinnitus and will be spending $3500 for hearing aids. But then you are invincible ......... or that's where your thought process is right now. Loud doesn't make HP, proper back pressure and flow does. Really loud just makes everyone notice when the noise has stopped - they look to see where your got stuck.

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
I put the SLP full setup on mine and I like it. Has a nice sound but isn't loud. Was riding with another XM this weekend that had the MBRP and I didn't like the sound at all, was louder than mine and more high pitch. I like the low stock exhaust note of the etec, the SLP maintains that pretty good same with the HPS.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I posted this on S&M too.

I've been running the HPS on my sled since new. Sled runs strong and never any hiccups. Here's a small sound clip. Nice, deep sound and is fairly quiet below cruising rpm. Not sure if there is more than one style of HPS can, but my buddy has an HPS on his Pro and it is much smaller and louder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5NlnyCiAo

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Glad I am not the only one, stock rocks. I LOVE being able to hear the beeps on my GoPro without shutting the engine off. Me and a bud were riding identical XMs the other day, parked next to each other with both running we could talk to each other (and hear what we were saying) without shutting the engines off.
It took some getting used to and doesn't sound fast, but this will probably be my first sled in 10 years that I kept the stock exhaust.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Glad I am not the only one, stock rocks. I LOVE being able to hear the beeps on my GoPro without shutting the engine off. Me and a bud were riding identical XMs the other day, parked next to each other with both running we could talk to each other (and hear what we were saying) without shutting the engines off.
It took some getting used to and doesn't sound fast, but this will probably be my first sled in 10 years that I kept the stock exhaust.

I just can't get over the weight of the factory exhaust. Seems like such overkill.

M

mjschem

Nov 20, 2010
I Like the quietness of the stock but hate the weight. can anyone recommend A good can that's relatively more on the quiet side? thanks

Premium Features