• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 etec primary ???

C
Nov 2, 2010
hey guyz. was wondering if anyone knowz if the primary on my 2012 summit etec.is indexed to the crank or not . i have the primary off just to clean and inspect . i thought i had heard it was indexed to crank . i dont see how. i have called a couple dealers and got yes and no answers. does anyone know the answer? if so could u please explain how. thanx Dan

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes.
Big scribed circle indexes clutch to crank scribe. Small scribed circle is the index for the movable sheave to the other sheave and governor cup.
I have a picture from the shop manual but cannot upload it from my phone. Will post tomorrow if needed.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So what its saying for the etec is that the big circle and the mark on the crank are the only marks that matter when your putting the clutch back on the sled?

Yes....as far as clutch assembly to crank. Thee are still the marks on each piece for assembling the clutch as well. The only thing that changed there is the small circle replaces the punch mark on the movable sheave.

Premium Features